30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spending 1,600 Hypothetical Dollars

Blog bat arounds are awesome.  I love the fact that a bunch of bloggers answer the same question(s).  It's probably the one thing I'll miss most about my annual summer contest.

Luckily... Drop The Gloves has started one up as part of a contest.  Click here if you're interested in checking it out.

His question is simple...

What cards would you buy if you had $1,600 to spend on eBay?

It didn't take me too long to figure out what I wanted.  I'd buy a few of my favorite sets from the 70's.

#1:  1972 Topps Baseball Set  BIN $716 ($884 Remaining)
#2:  1975 Topps Mini Baseball Set  BIN $800 ($84 Remaining)
#3:  1970 Topps Scratch Off Set  BIN $69 ($15 Remaining)

And with the final $15, I'd buy a...

#4:  1964 Topps #9 NL Home Run Leaders (Aaron, McCovey, Mays, and Cepeda) BIN $15

Okay... it's your turn.  Head over to Drop The Gloves and start responding to the latest Blog Bat Around.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!




6 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Hmmm, what it would be like to come into 1600 big ones....

Spankee said...

Working on mine right now! Great choices.

Casey said...

Oh man, complete sets! I didn't even think of that as an option for people but what a great idea. I forgot all about that 1970 Topps Scratch Off set. Back in the day when I collected primarily baseball, I had the Yaz in my collection. Totally underrated set, in my opinion.

And nice selection on that '64 NL HR Leaders. $15 for a vintage card featuring four HOFers? ALL DAY!

Fuji said...

It's funny that you mention the Yaz. I just picked that card up at the flea market yesterday. I'll review my purchases later this week.

Anonymous said...

In the short time I've tried to get a blog together I hadn't seen a "bat around" yet. Thanks for posting this, Fuji. I had one complete and one partial set come up on my list, with two PSA 10 RC making the cut.

Yankeejetsfan said...

Great choices! Love the idea of going with all vintage.