30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, April 22, 2013

A Night @ The Fights


On Saturday, I attended my first UFC event with my buddy and his daughter.  The tickets were free, courtesy of Dana White himself...


We had upper bowl seats, so I spent most of the night watching the fights on the big screen.


But, I'm not complaining.  The fight card was stacked and overall the fights were pretty exciting.  Well... except for the Cormier/Mir fight.  Cormier trains less than two miles away from my house at American Kickboxing Academy and I was hoping his UFC debut would be a little more entertaining.

Oh well... at least I had the opportunity to witness Benson Henderson propose to his girlfriend.

Happy
Monday and sayonara!

3 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

can't beat free tickets from the man himself!

Commishbob said...

I've never seen any cage fighting but back in the day I was a huge boxing fan. Got it by watching Friday Night Fights with my grandfather in Brooklyn. Too bad boxing s*cks nowadays.

Sounds like you had fun, and for free!

Fuji said...

It was pretty cool to be there. But if you're going purely to watch the fight... you're better off watching it on the television (at least from our seats).