30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Capturing a Hand Cut Bird


I've been wanting to add a 1977 Hostess Mark Fidrych to my collection for several years.  And when Hostess closed down their doors earlier in the year, I took my search to another level.

Well my search is officially over.  The above card popped up on my eBay search a while back with  a $11.99 BIN price tag, so I snatched it up.

The Bird left us four years ago, but thankfully his pieces of cardboard and the memories he provided his fans will keep him in our minds forever.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

7 comments:

night owl said...

Very cool card.

Nick said...

Nice! One of my personal favorites of "The Bird".

Unknown said...

sweet, i like the variation from topps.

Spiegel83 said...

That seems like a really good grade for a cut card. Nice buy.

Greg Zakwin said...

congrats on the pickup!

Fuji said...

Yeah... whoever cut this card did a great job. It was one of the deciding factors on this purchase.

Fuji said...

Thanks guys!