30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, March 14, 2011

Blog Trade #8: Cardboard Heaven


A few weeks ago I strolled across
Cardboard Heaven's trade bait post and saw this Catfish Hunter jersey card:


I'm a huge A's fan and I love picking up memorabilia cards of any A's legend... and Catfish Hunter is definitely one of them. He was the first player chosen in my Awesome Athletics series and one of the greatest pitchers in the history of the franchise.

Well... I left him a comment on his post and he immediately contacted me. Eventually we worked out the following deal:

My:
2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition "Status" #285 Mark Rogers (13/30)
2006 SPx #91 Haloti Ngata RC

For his:
2003 Flair Greats "Cut of History GU" #9 Catfish Hunter SP/200
2007 Ultimate Colection "Star Materials" #PA Jim Palmer

It's unfortunate that I don't remember watching Hunter pitch... but thankfully Jim Palmer pitched into the mid 80's... which allowed me to follow his career a little more closely. That's why this beautiful card will go straight into my PC as well:


One of these days... I'll pony up and add his rookie to my collection. When I do... I'll show it off in my Jim Palmer trifecta.

Thanks Cameron for the awesome trade... I'm not sure what you plan on doing with the two cards I shipped out to you... but I can assure you that both of the cards you sent me are going straight into my personal collection.

I encourage all of my readers to head over to his blog... Cardboard Heaven. Maybe you'll find something in his Barter Bait that you can use. Cameron's a first class trader and I look forward to more transactions in the future.

Happy Monday everyone... have a great week. Sayonara!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you like the cards! The two you sent me are going straight into my Personal Collection as well.