30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, December 21, 2012

I believe the children are our future...

The new year is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to a positive, happy, and productive 2013.  Because truth be told... 2012 was emotionally one of the roughest years of my life.  But thankfully, I had three great outlets that helped me get through the year:  friends/family, this hobby & blogworld, and my job.

I'm a middle school teacher and I can't imagine having a better job.  I teach a class the focuses on building character and motivating students to become productive members in our society.  And I have to say, that for the most part... my students have great attitudes and are bound for greatness.

One of my students recently won our district art contest and during his free time in class, he drew this sketch for me:


What's insane is the amount of time it took him to draw it.  He started it last Friday and gave it to me on Tuesday.  However, he spent less than 30 minutes on the actual drawing.  It's truly amazing the talent some people are blessed with.

It's amazing how artistic some of these students are.  Here are two more pieces that were given to me by students in the past year:



Some people were born to write.  Others were born to play sports.  I'm not sure if any of the above students will become famous authors or athletes, but if they decided to focus on art... sky's the limit.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

4 comments:

Roberto Baly said...

Touching post. My wife is a teacher so I know what you go through. Thank you sir. Oh and what a great Jackie Robinson piece!

Fuji said...

Thanks... the Jackie Robinson piece was actually a project that was given to me after she received the grade.

Fuji said...

Thanks... it's definitely a rewarding career. I've had several former students come back to thank me after they've gone on to college and it's truly awesome.

Roberto Baly said...

That's awesome. :)