30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Cream of the Crop!

On Saturday, Andrew over at Need More Cardboard showed off his 2012 Goodwin Champions card of the lovely Natalie Gulbis... which inspired me to show off my favorite female golfer:

Okay... this makes it seem like I actually follow the LPGA, which in fact I do not.  But I love to golf and I'm a huge fan of women, so it made sense for me to add this card to my collection:

2005 SP Signature #38

I purchased it from Tromp's Sports Cards the night that Creamer sunk this amazing 75ft. putt:


That's one of the sweetest putts I've ever seen... and she made it with the tournament on the line.  I'm not sure what's prettier... the putt or the person who sank the putt.

One thing is for sure... the stars were aligned that evening.  A few hours after seeing the highlights on ESPN, I noticed this card was on sale for four bucks and the rest is history.

Happy Hump Day!  And sayonara!

8 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

There are certainly a lot of HOT lady golfers out there today. Sweet, she did just like we would have, right? LOL

Mark Hoyle said...

Sweet putt

BobWalkthePlank said...

Nice card!

Commishbob said...

I'm a golfer and fan and become more of an LPGA follower now that the daughter of one of my college friends has made the tour.

Fuji said...

I was thinking the whole time... "that's the line I would have taken".

Fuji said...

That's cool. One of my co-workers is Nick Watney's cousin. Wish I knew a professional athlete personally.

mr haverkamp said...

Fuji - if you weren't aware.......there will be a 72 hole LPGA tournament in South SF this coming week (Thursday-Sunday) and both Creamer and Gulbis will be playing. The course is Lake Merced and it's within walking distance of the Daly City BART station. If you haven't been to a pro event, I'd recommend it.

Fuji said...

I heard about it on the radio. I've never been to a pro event, but next weekend is the TriStar show. Maybe I'll see if my friend wants to go on Thursday or Friday. I'd love to see Christina Kim play too.