30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, December 6, 2013

Domo Arigato: Comatoad @ Bleedin' Brown and Gold


It's been a few years since the San Diego Padres have had a winning record... and even longer since they've made the playoffs.  But at least they have a fair share of loyal fans that collect their cardboard.  Over the past year or so, I've started reading several blogs supporting the Friars and I was recently contacted by one of them.

Comatoad over at Bleedin' Brown and Gold reached out and offered to send some cardboard my way.  He wasn't fooling around.  He sent a solid brick of brown and gold and included a variety of cards including:  rookie cards, inserts, parallels, vintage, and even an autograph.

Here are a few of my favorites:

1994 Ted Williams Baseball

These two cards are awesome!  Nate Colbert and Randy Jones represent two-thirds of the inaugural Padres Hall of Fame Class of 1999.  These two guys definitely bled Brown and Gold.

2003 Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes #169

Okay... I've gotta admit something.  I've never heard of Mr. Bartosh.  But knowing that there are only 99 other copies of this card is pretty cool. 

1998 Donruss Preferred Great X-Pectations #19

Mr. Caminiti went to high school less than ten miles away from my place and was a standout at my alma mater.  It's a shame he passed away at such a young age.  Thankfully Padres fans were lucky enough to have him plastered in a variety of insert sets during the 90's.


If there's one thing my San Diego Padres PC is lacking... it's rookies and prospect cards.  Thanks to Comatoad... I now own cards of six of their top 10 prospects.

And last, but not least a very cool vintage card...

1969 Topps #197

I've been thinking about building a 1969 Topps San Diego Padres team set and now that I finally have one in my possession... I guess I have no choice but to start.

Thanks Comatoad for this generous package of Padres.  I'll put together a package of Tony Gwynn's (sorry... don't have a lot of doubles of other Padres) that I hope you'll be able to use in your collection.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

No comments: