30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, July 15, 2013

Old School Lumber

Are any of you members of Card Collector's World forum?  If not and you're looking to find more trade partners, you might want to consider looking into it.  I've met a bunch of people on their forum who all share a common interest... cardboard.  

I recently traded with cornwellfamily, who's a former Member of the Month winner and a highly respected trader.  I shipped off a bunch of Chicago Bears for his collection and in return, he sent me these cards for my Oakland A's and San Diego Padres PC.

2005 Donruss Classics "Legendary Lumberjacks #34 (#'d 46/50)

I'm not a huge fan of the design Donruss chose for this card, but I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to finally add a Reggie "bat" card to my collection.


2001 Upper Deck Decade 70's Game Bat #BDW & #BOS

On the other hand, I absolutely love these two bat cards.  The Padres' yellow, brown, and orange jerseys match the design's bright yellow and orange background.  If I didn't already have so many projects on my plate, I'd actually consider building this set.


2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials #OS1 (#'d 54/145)

This card's design isn't exactly epic, but with this acquisition, this trade tripled the size of my Ozzie Smith memorabilia collection. 


2001 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects Specialty Game Jersey #STG

And finally... this is the card that actually kicked off this trade.  It's not a piece of old school lumber, but it does contain a swatch of my favorite player's jersey... or at least that's what the COA on the back says.

Thanks cornwellfamily for this awesome trade!

Happy Monday and sayonara!

4 comments:

Zayden said...

Nice wood.

night owl said...

I guess I don't really need to say the Upper Deck '70s bat cards are my favorite.

Dawgbones said...

Kinda like the Jackson, even if it is rather plain...

Greg Zakwin said...

Love the Reggie, though they left so much empty space that could have been used for a larger bat piece.