30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Need help with The Mick!


This masterpiece is almost complete... I'm just missing 2 cards: #3 (puzzle pieces 7, 8, & 9) & #19 (puzzle pieces 55, 56, & 57).

In 1983, Dick Perez & Donruss teamed up to produced a 63 piece puzzle of Mickey Mantle. You could find one card, which contained three puzzle pieces in packs of 1983 Donruss Action All-Stars and 1983 Donruss HOF Heroes. Ty Cobb puzzle pieces were inserted into the 1983 Donruss baseball card packs and factory sets.

If anyone out there opened either of these products or is building this puzzle and has some pieces to spare, I'd love to work out a trade. I around 10 to 12 doubles sitting in my box.

Eventually, when this is finished, I plan on putting it in a frame and hanging it up in my garage.

The goal is to eventually collect all of the different Donruss/Perez baseball puzzles. So far, I only have one other puzzle completed... the 1991 Leaf Harmon Killebrew.

I'm also looking to trade for the following (complete) puzzles:

1982 Donruss Babe Ruth
1983 Donruss Ty Cobb
1984 Donruss Duke Snider
1984 Donruss Action All Stars Ted Williams
1985 Donruss Lou Gehrig
1986 Donruss Hank Aaron
1987 Donruss Roberto Clemente
1988 Donruss Stan Musial
1989 Donruss Warren Spahn
1990 Donruss Carl Yastrzemski
1991 Donruss Willie Stargell
1992 Donruss Rod Carew

Happy Tuesday everyone... and sayonara!

5 comments:

Martyn said...

Think I have 2 musial cards!

jack rademacher said...

have Gehrig, Aaron,Clemente,Cobb, Snider,Musial,Spann

Fuji said...

If you're looking to trade, I can use your Gehrig, Clemente, Cobb, and Snider puzzles.

jack rademaher said...

The 2 puzzles I don't have are Mantle and Williams...So I would trade the puzzles you want for any pieces of Mantle and Williams you have extra of

Fuji said...

Shoot me an email (see links on left) and I'll send you a list of all the Mantles & Williams I have. Hopefully we can work something out.