30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, July 31, 2010

PC Spotlight #2: Tony Gwynn Promos

On Thursday, I blogged about how I felt that card companies should start handing out "promo" cards for people to review, instead of boxes that may or may not contain hits paying customers deserve to pull.

So today, I decided to post my Tony Gwynn promo card collection. I'm not positive, but I think Gwynn was a spokesperson for the Pacific Trading Card Company during the late 90's and early 2000's. It was during these years that I worked at a card shop in a local mall, which was located across the street from the school I taught at. After 10 hour days at school, I'd work 4 more hours to get discounts on cards. Those were the days.

I ended up giving away most of the promos away to students as prizes, but a few of them were tossed into a 3500 count box (which I discovered about a year ago). I pulled all of the Gwynns and Michael Jordans and have decided to create a promo card personal collection of these two players.

1998 Pacific Online Web Promo #Sample

1999 Pacific Aurora Promo #Sample

1999 Pacific Paramount Promo #Sample

1999 Pacifc Omega Promo #Sample

2000 Pacific Paramount Promo #Sample

2000 Pacific Crown Collection Promo #Sample

One of these days, I'll get around to posting my Michael Jordan promo card collection. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

No comments: