30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, June 13, 2022

Lost & Found

Blogger has been messing with me the past few months.  The problem started back in April when a few people weren't allowed to leave comments on my posts.  The solution was using the pop-up window comment box option.

Then I started noticing that comments that I was leaving on blogs began disappearing overnight. 

1983 Topps Menudo #24

Sort of like how Menudo disappeared overnight in the 80's.  Just kidding Menudo fans.  I know the band is still active, but I personally haven't seen or given them much thought since I was a kid.


Anyways getting back to the missing or disappearing comments... Gregory over at Nine Pockets confirmed my suspicions with an email last week.  Then on Saturday night, Bo (Baseball Cards Come to Life!) solved the mystery and explained that Blogger had marked my comment as SPAM.  Thanks Blogger!  I've always appreciated every comment people leave on this blog and try to reciprocate as much as possible on your blogs.  So if you noticed that I've stopped commenting, you might want to check your SPAM folder.  

While writing this post, I checked my own folder and discovered one of Jon's (A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts) comments was recently marked as SPAM:


The issue has been addressed the the comment has been posted.

While on the subject of disappearing things, blasters seemed to fall off the face of the planet last year.  But as Zippy Zappy pointed out on his blog back in April, they've started to return to retail shelves recently.  He picked up a blaster of 2022 Topps Series 1 and was kind enough to send me a few cards from his break: 

2022 Topps #176

Chapman hasn't been seen in Oakland for quite some time, but he is scheduled to return with his new team on July 4th.

2022 Topps #294

The best opportunity for A's fans to see Gomes in person is to head across the bay and watch him and the Chicago Cubs play the San Francisco Giants at the end of July.   

2022 Topps #210

There's good news for A's fans though.  Matt Olson will be returning to the Oakland Coliseum this season.  Sadly, he'll be wearing an Atlanta Braves jersey.

Here's the final card of Zippy's PWE:

2022 Topps #171

Kurt's Angels have already visited the Coliseum four times this season, but he didn't play.  The Angels return to Oakland six more times though.  Hopefully he'll be able to squat behind home plate in front of the crowd just like old times.

Thank you Kenny for the PWE!  And thank you to everyone who takes the time to leave a comment on my blog posts.  I promise to check my SPAM folder more frequently from this point forward.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

12 comments:

Matt said...

Glad you got the comment issue resolved!

night owl said...

I've had difficulty the last month or so leaving comments on several blogs. I have to leave my browser and sign on to another browser to comment. It's a pain.

Sean said...

I've been having that issue with some comments on my blog (by fellow bloggers, including Jon) getting marked as spam and not appearing until I go in and mark them as "not spam". Google must have changed something.

Crocodile said...

So far no issues with comments, but now I'm worried. Maybe I should switch to the comment box but no one has complained so far. Oh and those are cool cards, though I've never been a fan of Menudo.

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Was sad for the A's and MLB when both the Matts left town.

gregory said...

Wow, I didn't even know Blogger had a spam feature. I just looked through my comments tab/widget thing, and sure enough, your comment was in there, marked as spam. I marked it as "not spam", and now it's where it should be. Good info, Fuji and Bo!

(Also, way to work in a Menudo card, hahah)

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

I'll check my spam folder if I can find it, lol. I had noticed that I could see one of your comments showing on my comments page, but it was showing in the actual post until I said to publish it. then it showed.

Jon said...

I've had trouble commenting on certain blogs for a couple of months now. I thought about trying to look into it, but got lazy and just figured that it would eventually work itself out.

Matt said...

Maybe that's why I haven't had any comments recently on any of my blogs. Will have to check into it.

Bo said...

When you comment, try adding in a bunch of shady links to spam websites with cell phone company names in them. Blogger always lets them through!

Jupiterhill said...

Blogger has been kind of messed up for me for a couple years. I won't say its the main reason I don't post or comment on blogs as much, but it didn't really help either. I hope the comments get worked out.

I love how you theme your blogs. Its one of the reasons why I enjoy reading them so much. I got hooked on Menudo and the title of Lost and Found, then you start showing 2022 Topps cards and it ties in perfectly. You do a great job with them.

Nick Vossbrink said...

Wait, Menudo cards exist?!