30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, November 26, 2018

Something a Little Different

You probably think that baseball cards are one of the most important things in my life.  And you wouldn't be wrong.  Card collecting is my favorite hobby and it's not even close.  But there are a few things in my life that are more important.

#1Family and Friends

This is a no-brainer, right?


#2My Career

My dream job was to do something I enjoy and get paid for it.  I'm living the dream.


#3Running Water

I've been watching videos about people who have retired and moved outside of the country.  Some of these places have truly given me a deep appreciation for running water, flushing toilets, and hot showers.


#4My Home

I haven't treated baseball cards as an investment in years.  My townhouse is definitely an investment.  And if that weren't enough... it provides me with shelter day in and day out.


#5Computers and the Internet

2015 Allen and Ginter Great Scott #GS-8

There are pro's and con's to both of these things.  But the bottom line is that outside of my bed, I can't think of anything I utilize more on a daily basis than these two things.

Ever since my father built our family's first Apple IIe, I've been a total computer geek.

2012 Goodwin Champions Autographs #A-SW

And yes... I'm one of those guys who have stayed loyal to Apple ever since.  But in my defense... my high school used Apple computers.  One of my high school graduation presents was a Macintosh IIsi, which I used throughout college.  And the district I work for has used Macs the entire twenty-one years I've been there.  Plus Apple has always offered educators a discount.

So in the spirit of Cyber-Monday, I bring you something a little different... yet still related to my favorite hobby.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

8 comments:

Hackenbush said...

There's a signature that doesn't suffer from being abbreviated.

Community Gum said...

I need to invest more into my townhouse so I can sell it in the near future.... I've never been an Apple guy, but can still appreciate Woz for his other contributions to pop culture. Looks like he's playing that thing like an accordion!

JediJeff said...

"Plus Apple has always offered educators a discount."

That is why schools have Macs. When home computers came out, Apple gave a ton of devices to school districts in the drive to get people so used to using a Mac they would not buy a PC for their home.

Of course. IBM, Microsoft and the rest decided that it was better to license out to companies so the price would come down, and people are willing to relearn to get a product at one third the cost, so....

SumoMenkoMan said...

I love my iPhone, but have always had a PC for Home use. I’m really glad you are living the dream!

Chris said...

I'm starting to think you have a card for every occasion-and many of them are autographed. Very cool take on "Cyber Monday"

Ana Lu said...

Interesting post. I think your #3 would rank like #-1 on my top as the minimal default value lol ;)
In Europe, I think, we've always saw the Apple thing as an American thing. Even if we get more products now, I think it will never be the same as in US. Apple in computers is more for the so called geek-chick, fan boys, or people with lots of money that want to show off. When you go to the smartphones scene is in the teens universe you see more iPhones. Because it's a trend, it's fashion, more than the usability of it in face of Android phones, for example.
(and now I look like a geek talking..guilty! lol but don't have any Apple product.)

The Lost Collector said...

Been an iPhone user for about 10 years and finally cracked my first screen a little while back. Humbling experience!

Fuji said...

hackenbush - agree. i'm actually glad he used his nickname.

community gum - good luck with the sale of your townhouse. i'm going to need a new washer and dryer in the next year or so... and carpet too.

jedijeff - lol. yup. my brother is a big pc guy, so i've heard it before.

sumomenkoman - it's not perfect, but i'd grade my job a solid PSA 9

chris - autographs are probably my favorite thing to collect. although at some point i'm going to start dumping my sticker-graphs

ana lu - can't disagree with anything you wrote. although... i don't have a lot of money, nor do i try to show off. i do think that some people use it for status. i was just grew up in an era where everyone around me used them and i'm not a big fan of change.

the lost collector - damn. that sucks. i haven't cracked any of my screens (knock on wood) yet.