30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Hit List

The generosity and camaraderie among our blogosphere is truly something special.  The sheer amount of packages exchanging bloggers hands is impressive and has the ability to turn a frown upside down.  It warms the heart just watching guys like Wes and Matt send each other epic packages trying to outdo each other's hospitality and proves that there's plenty of good in our world and our hobby.

Over the years, I've received a fair share of packages containing cardboard myself.  Sometimes they're blind trades, where me and another blogger send each other mystery packages where there isn't anything specific.  Other times... bloggers will send a care package with no strings attached... once again proving how unselfish our blogosphere truly is.


Since the start of the year, I've received close to 25 packages from fellow bloggers (some bloggers sent multiple packages).  Well... I was finally able to get my act together and return the favor.  The process actually started a few months ago when I started targeting cards for people on COMC and wrapped things up yesterday afternoon when I shipped out twenty-three packages.  The first eighteen packages were to bloggers I had owed or to people I had picked up some stuff for:

Mario @ Wax Heaven
Julie @ A Cracked Bat
Wes @ Area 40
Christopher @ The Raz Card Blog

The final five were contest winners from back in June:


By the way... Sport Card Collectors... I threw in a few extra goodies since I owed you a care package and a contest package.

I apologize to all of you who have been waiting around for your packages.

There are two bloggers that I still owe:  Steve @ 1975 Baseball Cards. and Chris @ The Collector. I'll be trying to find some cards for each of these blogger's collections.  In the meantime, they're the inspiration for my blog's newest sidebar addition:  The Hit List.  It's a list of bloggers I'm trying to hunt down cards for.  In other words a list of bloggers I owe.

To be brutally honest... I can't make any promises on when these packages will be shipped out.  Whenever I try to commit to a date, things pop up, and shipments get delated.  That's the main reason I don't really trade anymore.  The only thing I can guarantee is that I'll eventually hit you back.  It might take three, six, or nine months.  But I'll eventually take care of business.

I realize that this isn't acceptable to some collectors.  If that's the case, I'd avoid sending packages my way.  I truly appreciate the thought... but there are just too many things going on in life for me to guarantee a quick turnaround time.

Well that's it for today.  If you don't see your name in this post and you feel I owe you a care package, leave a comment down below or shoot me an email, and I'll add your name to The Hit List.

I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend.  Today I'm helping my buddy out at the Bay Area Toy Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to sleep in and catch up on all of your blog posts.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

10 comments:

Brian said...

I am simultaneously surprised and not at all surprised by the generosity of the card blogging community. The vast majority of the community gets almost as much enjoyment from completing someone else's set build as their own. I don't know that I'll ever feel like I've broken even on the kindness train. But think that just encourages me and everyone else to keep the trades going.
Thanks in advance for the cards!

Dennis said...

Thanks, Fuji! I'm looking forward to whatever you sent me, and I'm always happy to send stuff your way because you appreciate it and have always been generous yourself in what you send out.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Baseball cards are great! And knowing some are heading your way builds a little excitement, thanks!

Rod (Padrographs) said...

looking forward to the package. and i have more for you.

P-town Tom said...

Well said and my thoughts exactly.
Thanks for the package, Fuji!

gcrl said...

I'm sure there are some great cards in those mailers. Thanks in advance!

Matt said...

The blogging community is like no other

Steve at 1975BaseballCards.com said...

That list is a good idea. As for me, consider the pressure being off because I first owe you a real want list and that’ll take me a while so I’m the last person to have any expectations :-) Your generosity just inspires more from others!

Fuji said...

Brian & P-Town Tom - There are several collectors that I know I'll never be square with. Doesn't stop me from trying though. Hope both of you guys can use something from my care packages.

Dennis - Thanks buddy. Right back at you. Hope you enjoy the package.

John Miller - Dude. I received another package from you today! I guess I'll be reserving a permanent spot for you on my list ;) Thanks in advance. Looking forward to busting it open later in the week.

Padrographs - I purchased something on eBay for you, me, and Gavin. It involves Gavin working his magic with his custom card making skills. Can't wait to see what he produces, but just know that you were the inspiration for the purchase.

gcrl - No problem. I enjoy our PWE exchanges.

Sport Card Collectors - 100% agree

Steve at 1975BaseballCards.com - Lol. Your name stays on the list. I'll find something for you eventually. Not sure if you're a Game of Thrones guy, but I'm like a Lannister. I always pay my debt. Or at least try my best to.

Collecting Cutch said...

Got my package yesterday and will have a post up this weekend. You are the man!!!