30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, June 1, 2014

You're The Inspiration

Thank you Night Owl Cards and Hot Corner Cards!  I'm still struggling with blog post ideas, but both of you guys were the inspiration for this post.

About an hour ago, I read about Pat's new project.  He's building a work table that he'll use to sort cards.  And he's planning on decorating it with one hundred fifty of his favorite cards.  This made me start thinking about which cards would crack my Top 150.

A little bit later, I read Greg's Saturday night post which made me think about life in my 40's and how a big part of my life is filled with nostalgia.  He also mentions the 70's and 80's... which led this card to pop into my head:


Now I know this isn't the first time I've written about this card, but this 1974 Topps Rollie Fingers would easily make my Top 150 (If you'd like to know why... click here).  And after watching the Oakland Athletics celebrate their 1974 World Championship team this weekend... this card definitely makes me feel nostalgic.

So Greg and Pat... I dedicate this song to you:


Happy Sunday and sayonara!

9 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

That's a sweet Rollie.

Also, love me some Chicago.

Dawgbones said...

Chicago Transit Authority is always a classic!!

night owl said...

One of the greatest cards in the '74 set.

Not really one of the greatest Chicago songs, though.

Tony L. said...

Great card. As for the song, I much prefer "25 or 6 to 4" from Chicago, personally.

hockey kazi said...

Southern California Purples - bought the LP when it first came out and tried to figure out how to play on guitar

Pro Set Cards said...

Fantastic card!

Mark Hoyle said...

I used to love the A's back in the early seventies. Great card

BobWalkthePlank said...

Those early seventies A's were loaded. Great card!

Jafronius said...

I prefer early Chicago to Peter Cetera-era Chicago myself.