30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog Trade #1: Shot Not Taken

Last weekend, while in the midst of wrapping up my contest... I made a deal with Raymond over at http://shotnottaken.wordpress.com/. He runs a really cool blog that covers everything from mail days to box breaks.

By the way Raymond... let me know if you're ever willing to trade that Alex Ross autograph. Battle of the Planets was one of my favorite cartoons when I was growing up... and Alex Ross is one of the greatest comic book artists of our time.

Anyways back to the trade. It was a straight up... one card for one card deal.

I sent him my 2008 TNA Cross the Line "Autograph" of Alex Shelley:


And he sent me his 09/10 Crown Royale "King of the Court jersey" of Kobe Bryant:


Thanks Raymond... I appreciate the smooth transaction. So here's today's question of the day: Which bloggers have you traded with before and had success with?

5 comments:

Martyn said...

Only started collecting,
And had sucess with all 4.

TMCD & Hairylemon both followers of yourself are excellent and helpful!

SpastikMooss said...

Easier to show with a post that with a comment - http://greatsportsnamehalloffame.blogspot.com/2002/09/cards-ive-sent-out.html shows every trade reaction post people have written about stuff I sent them. Obviously that doesn't include people who didn't post about what I sent, which happens a lot.

I trade a lot with Baseball Cards Come to Life - his stuff is always great, especially for a collector like me. Balk Four is also somewhere I've traded with well in the past, though he's currently sort of out of the loop when it comes to trading.

Anonymous said...

Well...I've traded with you, Fuji. I've also traded with BA Benny of BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet. I've also had several successful trades with members from the Sports Card Radio fan forum.

Fuji said...

Martyn - Yeah, I've dealt with Hairylemon on SCF before. Great trader.

SpastikMooss - That is quite a "trade portfolio" you've put together. I love the idea of your list of links... I might end up doing something like that.

82Redbirds - lol... that's right we've traded too. I guess technically speaking, you were my first. I think at the time of the trade, I associated you with sportscardradio, instead of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Honestly I would only trade the Alex Ross autograph if I somehow come across another one. I'm going to New York Comic Con in October so you never know.

I traded with a ton of other bloggers before and I never had a problem. I have terrible memory so the only one on the top of my head I can recall is Lonestarr only because we trade so much.