30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thank You Chase Headley!

It's 11:45pm and I'm getting ready to climb into bed. But before I do, I want to thank a few athletes tonight for making this day special.

First, I'd like to thank Patrick Marleau. Mr. Marleau scored the game winning goal in overtime help the San Jose Sharks build a 3-0 lead against the much despised Detroit Red Wings. I know it's no guarantee, but the Sharks are one step closer to reaching the Stanley Cup Finals.


Second, I'd like to thank Ryan Sweeney. Mr. Sweeney had 5 RBI's in the Oakland A's 7 to 6 win over the Texas Rangers. Unfortunately, I don't have an autograph of Mr. Sweeney in my PC. I guess I'll have to do something about that.

Next, I'd like to thank Andrew Bynum. Mr. Bynum dominated the paint against the Utah Jazz and helped the Los Angeles Lakers go up 2-0 in the series. He ended up with 17 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots. The Lakers as a team blocked 13 shots against the Jazz.



Last, but not least I must give thanks to Chase Headley. Mr. Headley batted 2 for 5, but more importantly he had the game winning RBI to help the San Diego Padres beat the Colorado Rockies 3 to 2.



So, why is this night so special? Well, it's the first time in a long time that all of my favorite teams have won on the same day. The Lakers aren't a big surprise and the Sharks aren't major underdogs. However, to combine both of those wins with an A's win and a Padres win is well simply put: RARE.

So excuse me, while I drift off to sleep and dream about the Sharks winning the Cup; the Lakers repeating as champions; and the A's battling the Padres in the 2010 World Series.

Good night!

1 comment:

Hoopography said...

Boo Lakers, but cool cards Mark.