30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, May 22, 2010

PC Addition - Ozzie Smith Autographed Baseball



At the end of April, Steiner Sports offered 3 autographed baseballs for $99. I chose two Ozzie Smith autographed baseballs and a Bob Feller autographed baseball. When all was said and done, I paid just under $110 and had them delivered to my doorstep. Steiner Sports even threw in three really nice wood/glass ball holders that they sell on their site for $24.99 a piece.

It's not my first autographed baseball (I had a baseball signed by former San Jose Sharks winger, Owen Nolan... but that's another story), but it is my first baseball signed by a baseball player. And I'm glad to say he's one of my favorite players of all-time.
The first time I saw him do his famous flip, I was hooked and a fan for life.

In his 19 year career he...

- was an all-star 15 times- won the gold glove 13 times in a row (from 1980 to 1992)

- collected 2,460 bases

- stole 580 bases


- won the 1985 NLCS MVP award


- played 2,511 games at SS (3rd all-time behind Omar Vizquel & Luis Aparicio)


- earned a spot at Cooperstown in 2002 (collected an amazing 91.7% of the HOF ballots)

3 comments:

Hoopography said...

So... You got THREE auto'ed baseballs and cases for a total of $110?

Fuji said...

Yeah... I wasn't expecting the cases, but they were in the box with the balls.

Hoopography said...

Wow, Nice work Mark!!!