30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Guess Who's Back...


It's been 240 days since Jim wrote the final post on his blog, Garvey Cey Russell Lopes... and if we're lucky he'll be back with a new blog in 66 days.


I've already added it to my reading list... and you can too by clicking here.  And while we're waiting for him to write his first post, let's check out a pair of cards he recently sent me:

2008 Topps Trading Card History #TCH24

I own a few of these inserts and I'm not going to lie.  I'm not a big fan.  This set features a bunch of modern day players in different trading card designs... most of which are Topps.  In other words, they're like singles from any Topps Archives set... only worse since there are no statistics on the back.

But this card is different, because I've never seen this sweet looking design before.  Thanks to a little research, I discovered some information over on NPB Card Guy's blog: Japanese Baseball Cards.  This card is a remake of the 1950 New Year Magazine Furoku Insert set and features Ichiro's full name on the right written in Kanji.  The Japanese characters at the bottom spell out "Seattle Mariners".

2014 MCPA #8

Jim also sent me this awesome oddball issue of Kurt Suzuki.  I'm not sure if it's from a stadium giveaway, a police set, or if it was distributed another way... but I'm positive that I love it and will give it a good home.

Thanks Jim for the cool cards!  It's also great to hear the news about your upcoming blog.  Looking forward to it.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

3 comments:

BobWalkthePlank said...

I was really happy to see this!

CaptKirk42 said...

Added his new FrankenBlog to my reading list. Good to see he is coming back into the blogging fray.

gcrl said...

thanks fuji. i am guessing the suzuki was part of a sga set, but i think i found it at one of the local card shows or maybe even online. glad it was new to you.