30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, April 27, 2015

A Friendly Reminder

Topps is far from perfect.  Smeared autographs.  Delayed redemptions.  Recycled photographs.  Too many parallels.  The list goes on and on and on.

But I recently received a package from Brett (ucffans @ CCW) that reminded me why I've always been a Topps' guy.

2014 Topps A&G Relics #RA-HI

Framed relics rule.  Doesn't matter if they're Allen & Ginter, Murad, Gypsy Queen, or T-206... I love them.

2008 Topps Chrome #233

The 2008 Topps baseball base card design rules.  The colored balls that house the team name really stand out with the white border.  Plus they give it a throwback feel... like something I might see from the 60's.  Outside of the this year's Topps design, I'd say the 2008 is one of my favorites in the past decade or so.

2013 Topps Heritage #334

Some like A&G.  Others like standard flagship product.  Me?  I'm a Heritage kind of guy.  Each year, I buy two blaster boxes.  And every year, they're both Heritage baseball.

Thanks for the generous care package Brett!  As soon as the school year is over... I'll start putting together a package for you.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I am a big framed relics guy as well. Love the celeb ones. The only one I have however is Adam Schefter lol. But, it's cool!