30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My 2009 Archie Comics Sketch Card Collection



Approximately 11 months ago, Archie Comics and the March of Dimes Foundation released the 2009 Archie Comics Sketch Card Series. The March of Dimes is charity whose focus is to improve the health of babies.



There were a total of 2,199 packs produced. Each pack contained at least 1 sketch card, plus there were 30 hot packs produced that contained 2 to 3 sketch cards. An additional 50 packs contained a redemption card for an original page of Archie artwork. The suggested retail price of these packs were $24.95 and all of the proceeds were donated to the March of Dimes.



I think I paid around $100 for 6 packs last summer. However I was looking to pick up a few more, but the price seemed to go up. On eBay, I found some for $32.95 a pack and another online store had them for $40 a pack. You can also find singles for as low as $19.99 a card.

If anyone knows where I can find these at a little more affordable price, please contact me. I'd love to add more of these beautiful sketch cards to my collection.

No comments: