30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Japanese Eye Candy

If I ever decide to start watching professional wrestling again... I've already picked out my new favorite wrestler.  Her name is Asuka.

I can't tell you much about her.  All I know is that she's attractive and Japanese.

Back in March, she was signing autographs at ToyCon Las Vegas.  My buddy was helping the promoters and was able to get her autographs at wholesale prices, so I asked him to have her sign a Funko Pop and an 8x10 photo for me.

Unfortunately the autograph on the Funko Pop was a little smeared...


But my buddy has assured me that I'll be receiving another signed Asuka Funko Pop the next time we hang out.  I'm pretty stoked, because I'll be taking this one into my classroom.  As for the autographed 8x10, that'll be arriving with the other Funko Pop.

While I'm waiting for my two Asukas, Joe over at CrazieJoe's Card Corner recently sent me two PWE's filled with some female wrestlers.  The majority of the cards he sent happened to be Asuka:

2018 Topps WWE Women's Champion #WC-15
2018 Topps WWE Women's Royal Rumble #RR-19

In addition to these two Asukas, he also sent an entire 9-pocket page worth of her...


But Joe didn't stop there.  He also hooked me up with another favorite wrestler that I've never really watched before...

2015 Topps #2

How the heck do I know about AJ Lee if I don't watch wrestling?  Well... she's been featured on a several sports card blogs out there.  And she's pretty easy to remember.

Joe wrapped up his PWE's with a few more wrestling cards...


I've heard of Alexa Bliss before, but the other four girls are new to me.  Gotta admit... I'm starting to think there's something to this whole women's wrestling thing.

Thanks Joe for these awesome cards!  I'll put together some Blue Jays for your collection and eventually send them your way.  Also let me know your 2015 Topps Heritage WWE wants... since I'll be busting those blasters pretty soon.  In the meantime, I've added you and your blog to my hit list.

As for the rest of you...

What professional athletes do you have a crush on?

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

15 comments:

Twitch said...

Ah, cool. I've drawn sketch cards of her a couple times. I'll send you one as a make good for flaking out on the commission last summer.

Jon said...

That's funny, I haven't watched wrestling in probably twenty years, and then just in the last couple of days, out of the blue, I decided to try and start a couple of mini-collections of guys that I used to enjoy watching when I was a kid.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

yep, there was a little eye candy in this post.

SumoMenkoMan said...

すごい! 美しいな。。。

gregory said...

Pro tennis player Ana Ivanovic was my crush for a while. She's married now, dagnabbit. Missed my chance.

The Snorting Bull said...

Mike Trout's stat line.

Matt said...

Very cool!Don't know about a pro athlete crush

CrazieJoe said...

Glad you like them, and that they found a home where they will be well appreciated. Of the others I sent, Dakota Kai is one I like keeping an eye on myself.

AdamE said...

I am a long time wrestling fan who still watches to this very day. Right now the women are the main attraction. They get a bigger "pop" than any of the men. Their matches are more fun to watch and the characters are way more interesting than any of the men right now. Heck, a womens match was the Main Event f Wrestlemania this year even.

Baltmoss68 said...

Back when we were close to the same age I crushed on gymnasts Julieanne McNamara and Shannon Miller. Aft that I just noticed that many of them were r pretty😎. And wayyy back in the day I liked Tracy Austin. I will say it’s nice to see an attractive woman who is also a great athlete. I am current fan of Paige vanZant. Pretty awesome athlete and super hot!!

Hackenbush said...

Babe Zaharias? I want to stay out of trouble.

Fuji said...

twitch - lol. totally forgot about those sketch cards. you should show of your asuka sketches on your blog :)

jon - i've watched a few matches over the weekend. i'm not sure if i'll become as big of a fan as i was back in the 80's and 90's... but i do enjoy watching asuka wrestle

johnnys trading spot - i love japanese candy

sumomenkoman - thank you google... and thank you ryan.

gregory - sorry you weren't able to land her. i think i still have a chance at asuka ;)

the snorting bull - yeah... that's hot

sport card collectors - thanks. maybe hampton has a cute sister ;)

crazie joe - thanks again! yeah... dakota has cool hair

adame - i totally understand why. there are some really attractive wrestlers in the industry right now

baltmoss68 - i had a crush on tracy austin too. and i just looked up shannon miller. she's way hotter now then she was back in the day.

hackenbush - zaharias was a little before my time, but i'm sure my grandpa though she was cute.

Adam Kaningher said...

I'm late to the party as usual and missed the comment round-up, but my answer is Tara Lipinski.

Fuji said...

adam kaninger - when it comes to ice skating, yamaguchi gets my vote. but lipinski is definitely a looker.

Unknown said...


Thanks for sharing this post with us.Wikivela