30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Flea Market Finds #78: 2015 Topps Baseball and 1992 Mad Magazine Cards

My cold streak continued at the Capitol Flea Market on Sunday.  However... Saturday was a completely different story.

When: Saturday, February 21st
Where: Branham High School Flea Market
What: Baseball Cards and Mad Magazine Cards
How much?$38

Purchase #12015 Topps Baseball $25


What you're staring at are two jumbo boxes worth of 2015 Topps Baseball minus the autographs, relics, and a handful of singles.  I'll break the purchase down into three categories: base cards, inserts (for my binders), and extras.


After about an hour worth of sorting, I was able to build one complete base set (left stack), one partial set (middle stack), and there were a bunch of singles left over.  Baseball Dad over at All Tribe Baseball offered to help me out and has already cut the number of cards I need in half.


If anyone else is building this set, maybe we can help each other out.  I have plenty of doubles available for trade.

Next up are the thirty-nine cards I added to my inserts and parallels binders:


This purchase allowed me to add a decent stack of inserts to my binders for a relatively fair price.  Plus I had plenty of inserts leftover for future care packages:



Purchase #2: 1992 Lime Rock Mad Magazine Boxes $10


I grew up reading Mad Magazine and have wanted to purchase this set for years.  I'm looking forward to busting a few packs and building the set.  And if it's in the cards... maybe I'll be lucky enough to pull the Alfred E. Neuman hologram that was randomly inserted into packs.


Purchase #3: 1992 UD Comic Ball 3 Box $3


Are Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Yosemite Sam still on TV?  Can't remember the last time I watched Looney Tunes.  But if you haven't figured it out yet... I really like holograms and this product was filled with them.

Well... as Porky Pig says... th-th-tha-tha-that's all folks!

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

18 comments:

Zippy Zappy said...

Nice pickups.

BTW, I got your package today. Thanks a bunch :).

JediJeff said...

Fuji - PWE'ing over these needs for 2015:

9, 14, 26, 31, 88, 138, 159, 171, 217. 275. 318

Tony L. said...

I used to love the Spy vs. Spy strip in Mad Magazine.

The Junior Junkie said...

Awesome. I'll trade you for any MAD extras you get!

Tim B. said...

I can send over 141 and 245 to add to JediJeff's. Email me at tim dot trisomenc at gmail dot com with your address.

Man said...

I can't wait to see what the Mad boxes contain-great finds!

Justin McLeod said...

Can you put my name on the extra First Pitch inserts, if they're available?

Ana Lu said...

All those 2015 boxes for only 25$!? Good!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember there being a Mad Magazine card set... I'm looking forward to seeing what's in there (and see which ones make me say "Hey, I had that issue!")

BobWalkthePlank said...

Congrats on the great deals. The MAD box looks like a lot of fun.

Commishbob said...

I never knew there were Mad magazine cards (although I should have figured there would be). My favorite part of the mag was Spy v. Spy. I always flipped to that first. I thought that made me cool.

Fuji said...

Thanks! I'll update my list. Your PWE is all ready to go... and will be shipped the next time I make it to the post office (next Wednesday-ish).

Fuji said...

One of my favorite segments too... that along with the folding back page.

Fuji said...

Send me your address and I'll send some your way!

Fuji said...

Thanks Tim... appreciate the help. Email coming your way.

Fuji said...

I gave a few away already to my buddy... but I think there was at least one double. Maybe Vedder?

Fuji said...

Wow... lots of interest on the Mad Magazine set. Possible prize in my next contest? We'll see if there's good collation in the box.

Justin McLeod said...

I don't have any right now, so I'll take whatever you have to spare!