30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, December 30, 2019

Weekend Recap

Last week's adventures sure drained the batteries... so I made the executive decision to skip a weekend post for the first time in a very long time.  Instead I...

Finished sorting and scanning my COMC order that was waiting for me when I got back from Vegas.

The order contained around fifty cards.  If I were to guess, I'd say half were for me... and half were for care packages I'm currently building.  I thought about writing a recap post, but figured I'd milk the order and write individual posts whenever the inspiration well runs dry.

Here's one of the cards I picked up for myself...

2019 Topps Chrome Sepia Refractor #203

I grabbed this copy about a week after his season ending injury and paid $13.08Tatis is the most exciting Padre to collect and follow in a long time.  Hopefully he continues to blossom and stays in San Diego for years to come.

On Saturday, I woke up and started binge watching Lost in Space on Netflix.  Hey Kenny... you'll be happy to hear that I also watched the first two episodes of Star Wars Resistance on Disney+.

Yesterday both of my football teams played very important games.  And both games came down to the wire.

2005 Leaf Rookies and Stars #201
2012 Crown Royale #280

One team won.  The other lost.

Not gonna lie... the Seahawks loss to the 49ers was a heartbreaker.  It felt like a punch to the gut.  Hopefully their paths will cross again in a few weeks and there will be a different outcome.

2019 Lego Harry Potter Advent Calendar (75964)
2018 Lego Brick Headz Mr. and Mrs. Claus (40274)

I ended up sitting down after the game and building a pair of holiday Lego sets to take my mind off of things.  Here's how they turned out:



It's a little too late to display them this year, but I plan on taking them into my classroom and putting them on display next December.

Oh and before I forget, I did receive one collectible for Christmas.  There weren't any baseball cards sitting under the Christmas tree this year, but my best friend bought me this for my Yoda collection:

2018 Funko Pop #277

Well that recaps my weekend.  Tomorrow I'll be sharing some of my favorite cards of 2019.  Until then...

Happy Monday and sayonara!

11 comments:

Jon said...

Original Lost in Space, or new Lost in Space?

Matt said...

I watched the first season of Lost In Space and enjoyed it. I haven't had an opportunity yet to start the new season.

Bulldog said...

Good cards and post. Nice job with the Legos.

Collecting Cutch said...

I havent watched the new Lost in Space. Any good? That Tatis is awesome!!!

SumoMenkoMan said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! Cool Lego sets, we built the Lego City Advent Calendar this year. Fun stuff. Hope you survive the New Year's celebrations!

Lee Hero said...

Oh man are Funko Pops addictive! I started out only buying the Mad Max ones, but that has ballooned out into all kinds of sci-fi and comic stuff.

Tatis is the one rookie this year that has been elusive for me. I've pulled lots of Alonso, Vlad Jr, Biggio, Jimenez, etc... but only 1 Tatis all year.

Matt said...

That's a great Rodgers and Wilson autos!

Fuji said...

jon - new lost in space. although i do remember watching the original series when i was a kid

matt - i've only watched a few episodes of season 2. hoping to binge watch it again later in the week

bulldog - thanks. i've found legos really help take your mind off of things

collecting cutch - i'd never try to sell the new run of lost in space as amazing or one of the greatest shows on netflix. but it's decent if you're into sci-fy

sumomenkoman - i'll be in bed by 10pm tonight. the years of celebrating new year's eve are long in the past. are you and the family partying tonight?

lee hero - i had to stop after a few months, because funkos take up so much space. however i will add one here or there. most of the time my new additions are gifts from friends or students

sport card collectors - thanks. wish i had jumped on rodgers a little earlier and grabbed more. i only have two signed cards and a mini helmet in my collection.

Chris said...

I was hoping for the same results as you on Sunday - a Packers win and a Seahawks win to give GB the #1 seed. Didn't quite happen, but the games were very exciting!

Nachos Grande said...

Love seeing the Lego! Happy New Year!

Fuji said...

chris - it looks like my two favorite teams will be facing off if the seahawks can find a way to get past the eagles. pretty shocked to see the saints lose to the vikings.

nachose grande - i have a few more sets waiting to be built. not sure when i'll get around to building them though. stay tuned.