30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Saturday Night Five: Current Events

This post a quick look at some of the random items I have laying around my office that I normally wouldn't write about.  But put them all together, and I figured I'd be able to pull off a Saturday Night Five post.

First up is this decal I picked up last weekend in Japantown:


Sumofish is a San Francisco based t-shirt company that sets up at all of the different Japanese festivals in the Bay Area.  I bought this decal at the JAMsj Winter Boutique, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to stick it on.


Post MLS cards are back!  I found this box at Target on Monday.  The cereal is pretty good, but I've gotta admit... I never would have bought this stuff if if weren't for the cards

The holiday season is just around the corner and I recently used my friend's Nordstrom discount to pick up the 2019 Lego Harry Potter Advent Calendar:


I watched a video review of this on YouTube and thought it would be fun to build during the month of December.

I know it's early to start talking about Christmas, but here's another holiday item:


I stumbled across this in a box in my office while cleaning last weekend.  I'm not sure if I purchased this at a flea market or if it was a gift from one of my friends or students... but I'll probably take it into my classroom after the Thanksgiving break and put it on my Star Wars shelf.

And I'll wrap things up with a PS4 game I bought a few weeks ago:


Video games used to be a big part of my life.  It started with my Atari 2600 and lasted until around the PS2.  Right now I have a PS4 hooked up to my television, but I rarely turn it on.  However every now and then, I'll get into a game.  Over the summer I played Red Dead Redemption 2 for a week straight and right now I'm into Tom Clancy's The Division 2.

I won't bore you with the details, but if you like shooting games, it's pretty cool.  In fact, I'll probably play it at some point this weekend in between sorting cards and taking naps.

What about you?

Anyone else sorting cards or playing video games this weekend?

Well that's it for today.  Happy Saturday and sayonara!

18 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Been sorting cards (PC guys), for a couple of weeks, and literally spent all day today from 8am until 6:30pm. Made my way back to the H's.

Dennis said...

Cool decal! Cereal cards are fun, too, but I prefer food issues that you don't have to cut out since I'm terrible at it.

I also have a PS4 but since finishing up Detroit: Become Human, I've mainly been waiting on Black Friday prices for God of War and Spiderman.

If you play PC games at all, check out Celeste. I got it for free through the Epic Games Launcher but it's worth it either way. Fun gameplay and a great story that works in mental health awareness.

Oh, and there's never a bad time to be sorting cards!

Nachos Grande said...

I have Red Dead 2 as well but I haven't managed to get into quite yet. I did play a ton of Assassin's Creed Origins this summer however.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Nice eclectic mix of items. NES is where my heart is still. No video games this weekend. I am hoping next weekend I will have a chance to play!

Corky said...

If there was a Mariners sticker like that, I would be so excited to get one. I played Division 2 for the last few months, I have over 200 hours played but after hitting level 30 and then maxing out my gear to 500 it is just repetitive. I do really enjoy it, so I’ll probably get back to playing again.

If you download the Ubisoft app to your phone and access the SAM option while you are playing you can get exclusive gear.

Matt said...

I play only one video game, Madden NFL. I play it every weekend while the Mrs is at work but I can't do it for hours. Just a couple games a day. Sorting I try to fit in as well. Need to do some this weekend.

gregory said...

That Sumofish decal should go on a skateboard deck, clearly ;-)

Jafronius said...

My brother, cousin, and brother in law convinced me to get a PS membership so that we can all play together. For the last couple months they've been playing Forsaken 2. I keep meaning to play but the crazy work schedule gets in the way. I've played once and failed miserably.

Fuji said...

johnnys trading spot - oh man... hope you're having fun. there was a time when i loved sorting cards. but recently it's become more of a burden, than therapeutic for me

dennis - i don't play pc games, but i'll check out detroit: become human.

nachos grande - i just played the campaign and when i finished, i hung up my controller. i own one of the assassin's creed (possibly origins), but never got into it.

sumomenkoman - man i loved me some nes back in the day. but that all changed when i got my sega genesis. that's one of my favorite consoles of all-time. hope you were able to spot some deer this weekend!

corky - level 30? lol. i'm probably on level 2 or something. i'll doubt i'll hit 200 hours. i heard there's a new star wars game coming out, which i'll probably buy at some point.

sport card collectors - i haven't bought a new madden in years. i always have fun with it when i do though. maybe i'll buy the 2019 version when they put it on clearance at the end of the season

gregory - that's a great idea. the only problem is that it's huge . i'll have to see if they make smaller ones.

jafronius - i don't do the online stuff (although i think division 2 is online), so i haven't done the whole membership thing yet. maybe one day. i think i've heard people talk about forsaken, but i've never played it

Peter K Steinberg said...

Nice assortment of things! I got 28 cards in the mail this week so I've been scanning, reading, and filing them away. I actually got 29 but I ordered a duplicate because I'm stupid.

Rebel Coyote said...

Post had MLS cards on back of Hostess Honey Buns cereal

Adam Kaningher said...

I dug up an old Xbox 360 game this weekend. Spec Ops: The Line. Little heavy on the war crimes for my taste.

Chris said...

This post is getting me in the mood for Christmas, and enjoying some non-cardboard toys/gifts. One of my goals for 2020 will be to play more video games (need a new TV for my card room first.) Also, that Sumofish decal is awesome.

The Lost Collector said...

My kids both love the Lego advent calendars. Last year was a winter scene of some sort. No idea what the one my wife got this year, although I don't think it's Potter.

I did some card-stuff this weekend - sorted a little, bought a couple hangers from Walgrees, and did some of my coasters.

AdamE said...

I used to play video games all the time but haven't for many years. My kids have an Xbox but it doesn't get much use. I bought a 2600 last year because I had it as a kid and wore the thing out. It didn't hold up to the nostalgia. Funny thing though. While my kids are great with modern games they absoutley suck with only one button and a joystick.

defgav said...

My heart's with the NES too. Played through Mega Man 2 this past weekend. Love it.

Clipping Path said...

This post is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing!

Fuji said...

peter k steinberg - i order or pick up duplicates on accident all of the time. way more than i'd like to admit ;)

rebel coyote - i'll have to see if i can find that box. hopefully they're different from the ones i already bought

adam kaningher - i haven't purchased the last two x-boxes. i went all in on ps3 and ps4. i think i've heard of spec ops, but not sure i've tried it.

chris - i've gotta admit, i've played division 2 way more than i thought i would. played 2 hours yesterday and at least an hour friday night. hope santa brings you a new tv this christmas

the lost collector - i normally buy the star wars advent calendar, but i got bored of their mini ships. i prefer figure scale builds, so the harry potter calendar made more sense to me. i need to check my local walgreens for hangers. ps those coasters were awesome! great job!

adame - it must have been pretty fun playing the 2600 with your kids. i imagine they were shocked at the graphics.

clipping path - brilliant? sure... i'll take it.