30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, June 2, 2017

Thank Goodness

Thank goodness for Tony's 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge.

Without it, my brain would be fried and my blog would have half the posts these past few weeks.  His challenge provides a topic for me to write about when I'm stressed out and overwhelmed.

Thank goodness for Hideo Nomo.

Masanori Murakami might have opened the door for Japanese baseball players to play in the MLB, but Nomo rushed through it, led a generation of players from across the Pacific, and won the hearts of millions of fans.

Thank goodness for Topps.

2004 Topps #92

I've always been a Topps guy.  Sure I miss Upper Deck and would be the first person to admit that I miss them terribly.  But when push comes to shove, Topps will always be my favorite card company.  


Their 2004 design made it into my Top 10 Topps designs and this card is easily my favorite in the set.    The photo they chose is exactly what I want to see on a baseball card.  Awesome action.  Excellent cropping.  Blurred baseball fans.  Perfection.

That's why I picked it as my Day 14 representative in Tony's Challenge.

Thank goodness for cool bloggers who hold generous contests.


Head over to A Cracked Bat:  Baseball Cards and a Hot Dog.  In celebration of her 100th post, Julie is giving away a 400ct. box of her disCards.  No junk wax.  Just quality cards with the possibility of a relic or autograph.  So what are you waiting for?  Head over to her blog and sign up.

And thank goodness for Fridays!  I hope all of you have a safe and wonderful weekend.  Sayonara!

7 comments:

Commishbob said...

Nomo is like a modern day Warren Spahn...it's hard to find a lousy card of his.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Well, you have a wonderful weekend too! :)

acrackedbat said...

thank goodness for YOU! Very nice shout out Fuji! good luck - may you come in last! I miss UD - Topps is hit or miss for me.

Fuji said...

Commishbob - You're totally right. I love looking through my Nomo binder. He has some awesome cards out there.

John - I'll try. I'll try.

Cardboard Jones - Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'd love to see a Mike Trout UD Masterpieces card one day.

Julie - I don't love 100% of Topps stuff. However... they've been my brand since I was a kid. And I'm loyal to them. It's like a lot of stuff in my life. Basketball Shoes = Nike, Casual Shoes = Adidas & Vans, Soda = Coke products, Cars = Honda or Toyota products... the list goes on and on. Thanks again for the contest!

SumoMenkoMan said...

I love me some Nomo cardboard! I wish I would have started collecting him when he first came over to the U.S.

Kin said...

I wasn't around for Fernandomania, but I was for Nomomania. It was something to behold, even as a teenager in West Virginia.

Fuji said...

SumoMenkoMan - You're probably better off collecting his stuff now. Back in the mid 90's his stuff was pretty expensive.

Kin - I was around for both... and both were amazing! :)