30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm officially worried...

I've haven't written much about the San Jose Sharks this season, except for the few times I've gone out to grab autographs. But that doesn't mean, I haven't been thinking about them.

This season has been pretty disappointing in terms of their overall record... but I never once gave up hope. Each time they lost... I figured maybe it was a good thing. Maybe they'd enter the playoffs as a 4th or 5th seed and feel a sense of urgency and play hungrier. Maybe that's what it was going to take for them to get over the hump.

But after last night's loss to the Los Angeles Kings... I'm officially worried.

I know they've had their fare share of injuries... but their roster is loaded with talent and they're deep enough to withstand an injured player here or there. And I know Antti Niemi isn't a Vezina candidate, but he helped the Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup two years ago.

It seriously doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyways... I figured I'd use this post to show off some new San Jose Sharks PC additions, courtesy of Sports Card Radio's Card For A Cause II hockey group break.

Just like last time, you had the opportunity to bid on teams. I placed bids on a bunch of teams, but ended up only winning the Sharks for $5. Here's what I ended up getting:

2011-12 Leaf Certified Base Cards


My first official San Jose Sharks cards of Brent Burns and Martin Havlat... along with a Antti Niemi.

2011-12 Crown Royale "All the King's Men" Jersey Card


Crown Royale is loaded with four hits per box and I was fortunate enough to grab one of them, so I'm pretty happy.

Thanks Annie & Colin for hosting another group break for charity. I'm looking forward to joining the next one almost as much as I look forward to seeing the Sharks finally playing to their ability. Go Sharks!

Have a great day... and sayonara!

No comments: