30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Domo Arigato: The Big Kahuna @ Enough Already


On Friday, I received a "just because" package from Tim over at the cardboard blog: Enough Already. He had emailed me awhile back telling me he had something for my collection, but told me... it was a "surprise". And that's exactly the reaction I had when I opened the package.


The first thing I noticed inside of the box was a white envelope with a note and a autographed card of Andrei Zyuzin (former San Jose Sharks defenseman). He mentioned in the note that he hoped that the "surprise" would cheer me up on a rainy day... and as ironic as it sounds... it actually started raining this weekend.

And... if that wasn't a big enough coincidence... I've actually been going through a pretty rough patch these past few weeks. And this awesome hobby of ours is one of the few things that helps take my mind off my personal problems.

So after I put down his letter, dug into the box, I came across this:


I recognized the autograph as soon as I saw it... and without exaggeration... I felt like a little kid receiving the most wanted item on his Christmas wish list. Can you figure out the player? Maybe this will help you out:


It's not my first Kurt Suzuki autograph, but this is my first piece of memorabilia signed by him.

Thank you Tim for this very generous gift. I've put it inside a glass display case and set it on my desk in my office. Words cannot express how grateful I am for your present. It definitely cheered me up and helped me take my mind off of things.

But as I mentioned in one of our emails... I'm not the kind of guy who accepts gifts without returning the favor. I shipped out a package yesterday... that should arrive in the next couple of days. I can't promise it will have the same impact as your gift had on me... but hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Now... time for Sunday's question of the day:

Do you have any special pieces of memorabilia in your collection that were given to you?

Domo arigato Big Kahuna-san! Happy Sunday... and sayonara!

4 comments:

The Big Kahuna said...

Happy to make your day!

TakaTanakaGiants said...

Very nice K. Suzuki! He's actually here in Japan now. Just watched him play a game against the Giants (Tokyo) on TV. There's quite a fan base for him here.
As for memorabilia, I recently received a nice Ichiro all-star jersey card as a trade extra. That made my day.

Fuji said...

Thanks again!

Fuji said...

Is that the game he hit a home run? If I'm not mistaken, he hit a home run in two games over there.

BTW... jealous about the Ichiro... that guy is awesome!