30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday Night Five: Favorite Star Wars Characters


By now, I'm sure most of you have heard that yesterday marked the 35th Anniversary of the theatrical release of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. And I, like millions of other people around the world, am a huge fan of George Lucas' creation.

So tonight, I decided to celebrate this special occasion by listing my five favorite Star Wars characters:

#1 Yoda


If I could be any character in the Star Wars Universe, it'd be this guy. He's honorable, wise, one of the most powerful and respected jedis, and is only 26 inches tall. What's not to like about him?


#2 Boba Fett


Cool Looking + Awesome Gadgets + Deadliest Bounty Hunter = 2nd Favorite Star Wars Character


#3 Darth Maul


The Phantom Menace is my least favorite film in the series, but it's still pretty good. A lot of that has to do with Darth Maul. His lightsaber duel against Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan is legendary.


#4 R2-D2


This astromech droid is one of two characters to appear in all six films (his golden counterpart is the other) and he's a hero in every one of them.


#5 Aurra Sing


Although Sing's appearance in The Phantom Menace was brief, it was enough to spark an interest for this fan. Her unique look and the fact that she's a bounty hunter won me over.


Honorable Mention: Darth Vader, Han Solo, Wicket, & Chewbacca


It's your turn...

Who are your favorite Star Wars characters?

Have a safe holiday weekend and may the force be with you!

10 comments:

JediJeff said...

Technically, Obi Wan appears in all 6 as well. He is a ghost Luke sees in the snow after escaping the wampa, and he is an apparition that Luke talks to about the truth of Vader, as well as a spirit at the end of ROTJ. And since we brought up Vader, Anakin Skywalker is also in all 6 movies, one way or another.

Fav character - gotta go with Master Kenobi.

Spankee said...

Leia, but only in the bikini.

SpastikMooss said...

Fett of course. I was one of those guys who became obsessed with all the bounty hunters - Dengar, Greedo, IG-88, Bossk, etc. They're all pretty cool, and I read a bunch of their stories growing up. Speaking of seedy, Lando was always a fun guy too. Gotta love Billy Dee Williams!

I also always loved Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes, aka the cantina band. They were just so random and awesome - and they played good tunes!

Dodgerbobble said...

1. Han Solo
2. Darth Vader
3. Boba Fett
4. Chewbacca
5. Shaak Ti

Anonymous said...

I'll go with Greedo, as my friends and I used to have a running joke based on trying to copy Greedo's lines. "Gootah doodah, Solo?"

...and as far as I'm concerned "Han shot first" is not true; Greedo didn't even get a shot off, so it's really "Han shot, period."

Fuji said...

I totally forgot about Obi-Wan & Annakin... I feel so embarrassed. Nice call with Ben. He's definitely in my top 15.

Fuji said...

I concur... but Leia with the cinnamon buns in the white outfit was hot too (albeit not as hot as bikini Leia).

Fuji said...

I too am obsessed with the bounty hunters. If you're bored, check this out:

http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-2010-obsidian-star-wars-sketch-card.html

As for Lando, I've never been a fan. I know he's a hero, but I never forgave him for the whole Cloud City situation... even if his hands were tied.

Fuji said...

Shaak Ti is another one who'd make my top 15... Love a woman with a lightsaber.

Fuji said...

I'm old school too!