30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Puzzling Trade

A couple of years ago I started this blog to document my collecting experiences, but I must admit... one of the coolest things about being a blogger are the opportunities to interact with one another.

I recently completed a trade with a fellow Donruss Puzzle collector, who sent me four puzzles that I needed for my Donruss Puzzle Project. And the only thing he wanted in return were my extra 1983 Mickey Mantle and 1984 Ted Williams puzzle pieces. Not complete sets... just starter sets of the final two puzzles he needs for his collection. The generosity that flows through the community never ceases to amaze me. Four completed puzzles for two partial puzzles?

Jack... if you're reading this. Thanks for the trade! You definitely helped me out and I owe you big time. If I come across anymore of these puzzle pieces, I'll ship them your way.

Okay... let's check out my four newest puzzles:


1983 Donruss Ty Cobb


1984 Donruss Duke Snider


1985 Donruss Lou Gehrig


1987 Donruss Roberto Clemente

The Clemente was missing the fourth puzzle card that contained puzzle pieces #10, 11, & 12. But the final piece should be arriving sometime next week. So here's where my project currently stands:

1982 Donruss Babe Ruth - Don't Have
1983 Donruss Ty Cobb - Completed
1983 Donruss Action All Stars Mickey Mantle - Need #'s 7, 8, & 9
1984 Donruss Duke Snider - Completed
1984 Donruss Action All Stars Ted Williams - Need #'s 1, 2, & 3
1985 Donruss Lou Gehrig - Completed
1986 Donruss Hank Aaron - Completed
1987 Donruss Roberto Clemente - Need #'s 10, 11, & 12 (But they're on the way)
1988 Donruss Stan Musial - Completed
1989 Donruss Warren Spahn - Completed
1990 Donruss Carl Yastrzemski - Completed
1990 Leaf Yogi Berra - Don't Have
1991 Donruss Willie Stargell - Don't Have
1991 Leaf Harmon Killebrew - Completed
1992 Donruss Rod Carew - Don't Have

If you happen to have Babe Ruth, Yogi Berra, Willie Stargell, or Rod Carew puzzles available for trade, please contact me. Have a safe holiday weekend & sayonara!

Extra Edition!

Clemente is complete!

No comments: