30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blog Trade #23: The Adventures of Napkin Doon

Two months ago, Napkin Doon wrote about his $2 Cleve's Auction purchase... which happened to be this amazing 1988 Kenner Starting Lineup figure of the All-Time Hit King:


Well, I complimented him on his amazing purchase and told him that I'd like to eventually add a Pete Rose figure to my collection.


Within a few minutes, he emailed me to say the figure was available if I was open to trading... which of course I was. Anyways, last week we worked out the details that involved me shipping out two Michael Young memorabilia cards and a sweet looking (but damaged) Ivan Rodriguez insert card.

On Monday, I received his end of the trade. I'm still debating on whether or not to free this figure from its packaging. The package is in decent condition, so for now I'm keeping it sealed. But you never know what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for the trade Napkin Doon! I look forward to trading with you again in the future.

Happy Wednesday... and sayonara!

3 comments:

Napkin Doon said...

If you take him out of the package you can make him stand on your chest while you are in bed and pretend to coach him before his next at bat. But if you leave him in the package you can pretend you're Darth Vader and you've frozen him in carbonite. Either way is good.

Fuji said...

Lol... never looked at it from those perspectives... makes the dilemma that much more difficult. Thanks for the trade!

Dale Smith said...

Lovely just what I was looking for!