30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, May 11, 2012

A Japanese Non-Sport, Food Issue PC Addition

This afternoon, I stopped off at a Japanese grocery store to buy some melon popsicles and some gyoza. While I was there, I checked to see if there were anymore Namennayo (crazy cat cards) left and ended up buying two more packs.

I also picked up a bag of these chocolate snacks with these Power Ranger guys on the front:


On the back of the package, there's a pack attached:


Pack = card = must have. So I spent the $3.25 for the small bag of chocolate wafers and was on my way. By the time I entered my house, the snacks were gone... but I kept the pack intact, because I didn't have scissors and didn't want to risk damaging the card while I was driving.

Here's what the card looks like:


Apparently it's a Dice-0 DX card. What's that? I have no idea, but it's the perfect example of an impulse buy. It's definitely not as cool as the cat cards, but it's still another addition to my Japanese PC binder.

Happy Friday everyone... have a great weekend and sayonara!

2 comments:

TakaTanakaGiants said...

Don't know how I missed this post!
I've seen those same cards over here. What's unique/awesome about those is that you scan them into the machine at the local arcade. That's why there's a bar code design on the top of the card. The character on the card "comes to life" in the game and you can play against the CPU. Pretty popular with the elementary school kids (even some adults).
Here's a link to a Youtube vid showing the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flym3X3yrO4

Fuji said...

Thanks for sharing the video. I just watched it. The game sort of reminds me of a D&D or Pokemon game where the characters battle and gain experience and powers. It's not really my cup of tea, but the card is pretty cool.