30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Stalking Strahan


What do you do when your best friend is in love with Michael Strahan?  You stalk him for her... of course!

Football fans are very familiar with Strahan's HOF numbers and (questionable) single season sack record.  However my friend could care less about what he's done on the gridiron.  She loves the gapped toothed, teddybear that hangs out with Kelly Ripa.

Which is why, I've been watching Strahan's autographs on eBay for several months now... in hopes of finding some cool cards for her collection.

Last Monday, it finally paid off.  A guy listed this 1999 Skybox Autographics autographed card with a BIN price of... wait for it...

$4

Okay... so shipping was $2.25.  Still... $6.25 for this card is insane.  The guy actually emailed me back to congratulate me for capitalizing on his mistake.

Today's cardboard lesson is...  It pays to stalk... I'm mean watch eBay auctions.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

5 comments:

Steve D. said...

Wow, what a steal! Congrats!

Greg Zakwin said...

nice price!

Fuji said...

Thanks guys!

jamicfin said...

Whoa, that's nice!
I've gotten a few decent pickups with making offers, but never gotten a steal like that!

Fuji said...

Yeah... I was pretty excited when I saw it. Actually... at first, I thought that it must be a promo card or something. Spent five minutes on Beckett, before actually clicking the BIN button.