30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Flea Market Finds #32: Sports Memorabilia Smorgasbord

When:  Saturday, March 2nd
Where:  De Anza Flea Market
What:  A Medley of Memorabilia
How Much:  $37

Last weekend, I set up as a vendor for the first time in a while and ended up with around $40 in sales.  Unfortunately, I spent most of it on a variety of acquisitions.

Purchase #1:  My Buddy's Two Dollar Bin  $14





One of the guys I set up with had a table with a bunch of knick-knacks.  It's hard for me to walk away from cheap boxes, so I grabbed the 1991 Collegiate Collection Florida Seminoles box and a 1987 Topps Sticker box.  He also had a bunch of bobble heads, so I grabbed four 2001 Upper Deck Play Makers Ichiros and a 2002 Billy Martin minor league SGA (not pictured).


Purchase #2:  My Buddy's One Dollar Bin  $14


He also had a bin with magazines, photos, and a bunch of other flat items.  As soon as he told me everything was a buck, I started digging.  Here's what I grabbed:


2001 Ichiro All-Star Cachet



A Bunch of Magazines



1988 Grenada Stamp Sheets



Randy Jones Autographed 8x10


Purchase #3:  1978 Topps Three's Company Sticker Set  $4



This was one of the greatest television shows from my childhood and there was no way I was walking away from this set.  Suzanne Somers is all over this set.  She appears on twenty-seven of the forty-four stickers.  Unfortunately, while most of my friends preferred Chrissy, I always had a thing for Joyce DeWitt.


Purchase #4:  1999 Jim Plunkett SLU  $5




Here's the newest addition to my Stanford Cardinals PC.  I've been looking for this figure for awhile now and thought about buying one on eBay.  I'm glad I waited.  Some people will say that $5 is way too much for a SLU... especially a 1999 figure.  But the fact is... it would have cost me $5 in shipping fees alone.

At the end of the day, I never ended up finding the "Wow Factor".  However, I walked away with a few nice additions to my PC.  I'm especially excited to from the Randy Jones photo and hang it up in my office.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

14 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

Nice stuff! I wish I had a flea market nearby like yours!

Greg Zakwin said...

a $1 autographed 8x10? daaaaam. easily your best purchase.

Hackenbush said...

The stamps are cool and I'm with you on Joyce Dewitt.

Captain Canuck said...

cool stuff. Love the Plunkett and sticker set.

gcrl said...

I was more into maryann than ginger and jaclyn smith over Farrah, but was not a fan of Janet over chrissy.

The Lost Collector said...

Those old SLU's are hilarious.

Fuji said...

There are a few to choose from in the Bay Area... but I have to say that this particular one is my favorite.

Fuji said...

No doubt. When I bought it, there were two pieces of cardboard in the plastic sleeve... and this weekend, I found another Randy Jones autograph. Unfortunately, it's inscribed to Rick, Rob, or something like that.

Fuji said...

One of these days, I'll chase after the complete set of 9 sheets. Glad I'm not alone when it comes to Joyce... but I'm pretty sure we're in the minority.

Fuji said...

Lol... I know I'm definitely in the minority. I think it's because I thought I might have a shot with her... even though I was like 5 years old at the time.

Btw... I'm with you on Maryann and Jaclyn Smith. In fact, Smith is almost 70 and I still think she's hot.

jamicfin said...

I've been trying to make it to the local flea market, but various family events keep springing up.

The cards I have for you are in escrow at my LCS, they've been there a while, so I'd rather trade them at this point. Hoping to snag them today.

Jafronius said...

Were those 4 different Ichiro's, or did you get 2 each of the 2 in the picture? You should post the Three's Company cards one day.

Fuji said...

There were three of the gray jersey and one of the white. But UD made several variations of the Play Makers that year. I have at least four (maybe five) different ones from the 2001 series, but it's possible they made even more.

One of these days, I'll showcase those stickers. I want to pick up the card set first though.

Sports Collectables said...

ACE Collectibles, LLC is a company that has a consistently growing collection of sports memorabilia, sports cards, paper currency.