30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blog Trade #30: Home of the Toddfather


Back in 2008, I reentered the hobby and it didn't take long for me to get hooked on Fathead Tradeables.

If you're not familiar with these, they're 5x7 vinyl stickers of athletes and team logos.  Fathead produced three sets that were distributed out of one product.  Packs sold in the $5 to $10 range and included 5 stickers:  1 Team Helmet sticker, 2-3 Game Time stickers, and 1-2 Authentic insert stickers.

I picked up a ton of these boxes on clearance during their Black Friday sale and have been working on this set for over four years.  I completed the 25 Authentic insert set a long time ago, but have struggled with the helmet and Game Time sets.

In fact, I haven't actively worked on this set in over a year.  The last week Tim over at The Home of the Toddfather told me he had a Jerricho Cotchery that he didn't need.

I ended up sending him some Todd Heltons and yesterday this arrived in the mail:


One down... seven stickers to go:



Actually, I just picked up the Bowe and Heap off of eBay, so I only need five more stickers to complete the 2008 set.

He also threw in a bunch of extras, including some Packers, Seahawks, and an Ed Reed for my collection.



My favorite card in the lot was this 2010 SP Authentic Aaron Rodgers that fits into my CAL Bears and Green Bay Packers PC's.


Tim... thanks for helping me get one step closer to completing my set.  I look forward to trading with you again in the future.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

1 comment:

Greg Zakwin said...

love me some college-themed cardboard.