30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Upper Deck needs their NFL license... NOW!

Love them or hate them... there's no denying that Upper Deck has produced some amazing looking inserts.  Need proof?  Check out this 2012 SPx Shadow Box insert of Jim Plunkett:



It's actually a combination of two cards.  First, you have the Shadow Box:



Then you have one of four available Jim Plunkett Shadow Slots acetate inserts, which slides into the Shadow Box card:


Kudos to Upper Deck's design team.  Now if they could hurry up and reacquire their NFL license.

I've spoken my mind, now it's your turn:

Would you like to see Upper Deck back in the NFL cardboard market?

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

P.S.  Congratulations to the Stanford Cardinals for beating UCLA last night and securing a trip to the 2013 Rose Bowl.

6 comments:

Commishbob said...

The more competition the better.

Chris P said...

One of the main reasons I got out if card collecting was the lack of competition in basketball. Panini just doesn't do it for me. I know UD's been shady in the past, but when it comes to high end Basketball products there was none better. I think UD needs to get back in the game in all major sports.

Fuji said...

I concur.

Fuji said...

If I could have anything for X-mas, it' would be to see MLB licensed products from UD in 2013.

Fuji said...

I'm not a huge fan of Panini either. Every now and then, they produce cards I like... but it's not very often I see one of their products and say, "I have to have that!".

Captain Canuck said...

hell yeah. The reason I stopped ripping football all together is that UD lost it's license.
and Panini hasn't made a decent FB card yet.