30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, December 23, 2012

There is a Baseball God...

And he's answered my prayers.  Earlier this week, the Oakland A's finally filled their shortstop void by signing Hiroyuki Nakajima to a two year, 6.5 million dollar contract.

Since Kurt Suzuki was traded to the Washington Nationals in August, I have struggled to find a new favorite Oakland Athletic.  I know that Nakajima hasn't played a single game for them yet, but I think my problem has been solved.

Here's the only card of Nakajima currently in my collection:

2009 Konami Baseball Heroes #14

This card was part of the huge care package given to me by Ryan over at This Card is Cool!  last month.  If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to head over there and check out his sports card blog.

Thanks again Ryan and welcome to the Athletics Mr. Nakajima!

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

2 comments:

Ryan G said...

I read about the signing. He's a pretty good ballplayer over here and I have a couple of his cards in my collection.

Fuji said...

Well I appreciate you sharing one of them with me. Happy holidays!