30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, December 21, 2012

Blog Trade #25: Coot Veal and the Vealtones

If the world is coming to an end today, then I want to hurry up and thank Dhoff over at Coot Veal and the Vealtones for being a great trader.  Earlier this month, he approached me about a 2008 SPx "Winning Trios" memorabilia card of Gary Sheffield, Carlos Guillen, and Ivan Rodriguez that had been sitting in my trade bait.  

A few emails later, we finalized a deal where I sent that card along with a few Detroit Tigers & Cal Ripken Jr. oddballs for the following:


2005 Upper Deck "Classic Moments Jersey" #TG

This is the 42nd memorabilia card of my favorite baseball player of all-time.


2001 Upper Deck Decade "1970's Game Bat" #BRH

I had never heard of Ron Hunt until I saw this card in Dhoff's trade bait, but knew I wanted it because it was a cool looking memorabilia card of a old school Expos player.  Hunt played for the Expos from 1971 to 1974 and was known for getting hit by pitches.

In addition to these two cards, Dhoff threw in a huge stack of cards that fit into several PC's:  Munson, Carlton, Maddux, Gwynn, Jordan, Suzuki, Surfers, and Oakland Athletics.  

Here are some of my personal favorites:


Thanks for the trade Dhoff.  Assuming we survive the end of the world, I look forward to future trades with you.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

2 comments:

Dhoff said...

Whew! We made it. Thanks for saying thanks, and for the great stuff you sent my way.

Fuji said...

Glad I found another person to trade with in our blogworld... Happy holidays!