30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, December 14, 2012

Don't tell my dentist, but...

I need your plaque!  2002 Fleer Fall Classic HOF Plaques to be exact.  Thirty-one months ago, I set out to build this thirty card insert set.  Recently I was contacted by a fellow collector named Steve, who stumbled across my blog and offered to trade me these four cards that I needed for my set:

Cy Young, Luis Aparicio, Kirby Puckett, & Ozzie Smith

The addition of those four cards means I now have 83% of the set completed and leaves me needing only five cards to finish off the set and wrap up my thirty-one month journey.


Does anyone out there have a Babe Ruth, Christy Mathewson, Willie Stargell, Nolan Ryan, and/or Robin Yount they'd like to trade?  If so, I'd love to work something out.

Thanks Steve for all of your help.  I look forward to future trades.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

7 comments:

shoeboxlegends said...

I'm sure you're looking to do this on the cheap, but if you wanted to spring for it 4 of the 5 you need are on COMC. One guy has the Mathewson and the Yount for $2.25 a piece and another guy's got Babe Ruth for $3.50. Nolan Ryan, not so reasonable at $10.25. You could use the make an offer feature though, which I do all the time, to try to nab them a bit cheaper.

You probably already knew all that but just wanted to let you know in case!

Fuji said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually started building this set, because I found a bunch of them on COMC at blowout prices. I'm sort of torn, because part of me wants to finish the set... but at the same time, I don't want to pay crazy prices. I'll probably pick singles up every now and then when I see them at reasonable prices.

Martyn said...

Fuji, i have the Yount & Matthewson.

Eric Bracke said...

I have the Nolan Ryan

Fuji said...

Martyn & Eric - LMK if either of you guys are willing to trade them.

Martyn said...

of course, i'll send you them, this week

Fuji said...

Thanks Martyn... lmk what you want for them or give me some players (other than Getz... don't think I have any of him) and teams you collect and I'll surprise you.