30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, September 28, 2020

Better Than A Card Shop

The blogosphere is filled with generous bloggers who send cards across the country unconditionally in an effort to help other collectors and brings smiles to their faces.

Three weeks ago, I opened up a pack of 1989 Donruss Pop-Ups and mentioned how I would have rather pulled a few other cards instead of a Tom Kelly Pop-Up.  Well last week all of the cards I mentioned arrived in two PWE's from Daniel over at It's like having my own Card Shop.

First up are all three Oakland A's Pop-Ups included on the checklist:


As you can see, he also threw in the Dwight Gooden and Cal Ripken Jr. cards... which have each been added to my binder collections.

Next up are the All-Star cards that were part of that product:


There were five Oakland Athletics on the 1988 American League All-Star roster and the three cards on the top row represent the startersCanseco received a second card, because he lead the American League in All-Star votes.

The final card Daniel sent was my latest addition to my Golden Gate Bridge collection:

2015 Allen and Ginter Keys to the City #KTC-7

This card brings the collection up to five cards.


The back states that the Golden Gate Bridge opened in 1937 and is the most photographed bridge in the world.  If you've ever had the opportunity to see it in person, you would understand why.

He showed off this card on his blog a few weeks ago in an effort to find someone with an extra 1976 Topps Dennis Eckersley or 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas rookie card.  If anyone out there has either of these cards, he has a very generous offer laying on the table.  Click here to see it.

Thanks Daniel for taking the time to read my blog and send me specific cards for my collection.  Unfortunately, I don't have an extra copy of either of those cards... but I will dig up some Barry Bonds cards for your project.  Hopefully you'll be able to use them.  If not... maybe you can use them for trade bait to land you some cards you can use.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

8 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

Glad they arrived safely. I was a little worried about the Pop Up cards because of how this they are. No need to send anything in return, but I will put any Bonds cards to good use. I've actually never seen the Golden Gate Bridge in person, but it's on my bucket list.

sg488 said...

I have lived in Sacramento area since 1972,I have always loved visiting the bay area, always make sure to cross the Golden Gate Bridge when I visit.Very nice A&G card.

Jongudmund said...

It's an iconic bridge. Contender for most famous bridge in the world?

gcrl said...

Daniel has been busy sending out pwe. Nice cards! The golden gate bridge is fantastic. I've driven across it countless times and walked across it twice.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Eck makes an appearance! It’s not a bad looking product in my opinion. Hope the air quality is good up there. Things are bad all across the state.

Matt said...

The blogosphere is one great community

Bulldog said...

Love all-star sets like those. It's great when bloggers surprise others like this. Fun post.

Fuji said...

daniel wilson - thanks again for the care package. your packages should be there. just a few bonds. i thought i had more, but i now know where to send them if i find some. i tried to make up for it with diamondbacks.

sg488 - one of these days when this pandemic subsides maybe we can meet up at one of the sacramento hotel card shows. i'll try to talk sumomenkoman into joining us

jongudmund - i know is the first bridge that pops into my head, but then again... i'm a little biased

gcrl - yeah, it's been fun seeing his care packages pop up on blogs. i've only walked across it a handful of times. most recently was about a decade ago.

sumomenkoman - the air wasn't too bad until today. it's pretty smokey... but nothing like it was a few weeks ago. hope things are okay down south

sport card collectors - it truly is. i have two more packages to write about.

bulldog - i'm kinda tempted to buy a box of this stuff. i feel like there are enough player and team collectors out there that i could end up passing out most of the extras.