30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, January 18, 2020

What A Week

Was this week crazy or what?  After MLB released the list of punishments for the Astros and Red Sox... things have gotten more intense with each passing day.

2019 Archives Signature Series

I wonder if Mike Fiers had any idea that he was opening up Pandora's Box.  Things don't look good for my boy Jose Altuve... but at least he's taking some of the attention off of the PED guys as we approach the announcement of the remaining inductees of Baseball Hall of Fame's Class of 2020.

Speaking of hall of fame announcements...


Congratulations to The Doobie Brothers, Notorious BIG, Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode,  and the rest of this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees!

2020 SI for Kids #898

And congratulations to LSU fans for taking down Clemson earlier in the week.  I didn't watch the game, but I saw highlights and Joe Burrow was pretty darn impressive.

I'm in the process of cleaning up my office and pulling more cards out for care packages... which I hope will be shipped out this week.  And I have nine minutes to try and edit/publish this post before my 3pm deadline.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

11 comments:

acrackedbat said...

my heart is achy breaky right now. I'm really hoping Altuve comes out of this clean though it may take some time. Fiers may find his current teammates' trust wavering. Odd to me that he is the only one who spoke out if they all knew about the pilfering of signs.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Let's eat some fried chicken (and biscuits). mmmh.

Base Card Hero said...

The Doobie Brothers is good stuff-- before my time, but I like the older music. MLB just needs to hand out all the punishments and get on with it. After all, pitchers and catchers report in about a month!

SumoMenkoMan said...

Crazy times in the MLB right now. Seems crazy that the MLB couldn't get their hands around this earlier. Glad to see you got a post out right before 3:00. That is some dedication!

The Lost Collector said...

My Burrow from SI for kids came bent! Bummer.

The Bucs Stop Here said...

Crazy week indeed. Cool Fiers auto... for what ever that’s worth.

P-town Tom said...

How is Whitney Houston just now being elected?
Baseball Twitter has been all ablaze the last week with this scandal. It hasn't been good for baseball, but it has been interesting to follow.

Fuji said...

acrackedbat - the evidence doesn't look good by the way altuve reacted on that home run against the yankees, but i'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was just a weird situation. as for fiers... i'm surprised he went public. i could totally understand him informing his new teammates, but bringing this out to everyone was surprising.

johnnys trading spot - i'd be eating something more along the lines of filet mignon if i just won the national championship ;)

base card hero - the doobie brothers are one of my brothers favorite groups. this one was part of the vinyl collection he gave me a few years ago. i'm more of a biggie guy. i'd love to see this thing settled by the start of opening day... but have a feeling like this is going to be the hot topic for years to come.

sumomenkoman - it was crunch time. it came down to the wire.

the lost collector - sorry to hear that. my sheet was completely off centered and diamond cut.

the bucs stop here - it's not worth squat... but it's a cool conversation piece now ;)

p-town - i know, right? when she was on top of her game, her voice produced goosebumps. yeah... this is a dark mark for the game

Chris said...

The sign stealing scandal is making my head spin. MLB is a mess, might as well double down and open the Hall to Bonds and Clemens now.

I don't follow college football at all, but I guess I'm glad LSU won. Something about Trevor Lawrence irritates me. I can't explain it.

Henry Blanchette said...

With all of these announcements and coverage surrounding the Astros and, to a lesser degree, the Red Sox, it kind of escaped my mind that the HOF announcement is on Tuesday. I'll have to post my ballot ASAP before the BBWAA makes their pick(s).

Matt said...

baseball is hard to even hear about right now. I just don't bother paying much attention. Just to football at this point.