30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Recharging the Batteries

If my mind and body were an iPhone, my battery level would be in the red.  I'm physically and mentally exhausted.  However... I won't bore you with details.

Today is our country's birthday.  It's a day of celebration... and the reason I have a much needed four day weekend.

Tuesday @ Santa Teresa Golf Course

If things go as planned, I'm going to hit up a two flea markets, play two rounds of golf, sort the stacks and stacks of cards sitting on my desk in my office, watch the 3rd season of Stranger Things, eat at least one salad a day, and be in bed by 10pm every night.  If I can write three or four future posts to get ahead of the game, I'll call it the perfect weekend.

Speaking of writing posts, I probably should stop rambling about my personal issues and show off some cards.  Here are three slabbed Team USA cards that I've been waiting to write about.  Today is the perfect day to finally sit down and write about them.

2010 Bowman #108

This card was part of a large order I made over at 4 Sharp Corners back in March.  It's one of Seager's first trading cards and I thought the $16.52 price tag seemed like a solid deal at the time.  Then again... when I was purchasing the card, I thought Seager was going to bounce back big time in 2019.  That hasn't really happened yet, but he's still young and hopefully has plenty of years left in the tank.

Next up is a card I picked up over a year ago on COMC:

2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks and Prospects #100

Two years in a row, Meadows has started the season off as one of the league's best hitters.  And two years in a row, he's cooled off big time during the summer.  I picked up this card for $12.20 while he was still with the Pittsburgh Pirates.  A month ago this would have seemed like a pretty good deal.  Unfortunately he's only batting .155 in his last 22 games.

It's America's birthday, so I'll try to round out this post on a happier note with the lone bargain:

2010 Bowman Chrome #USA5

I picked up this Lindor back in February off of eBay for $27.12.  I've been wanting an affordable copy of this card for a few years and figured this it wasn't going to get any cheaper.  I was right.  Well... at least for now.  You never know how these you guys' careers are gonna turn out.

Okay.  That's it for today.  If things are going as planned, I should either be sifting through my flea market haul (wishful thinking), watching Stranger Things, or taking a nap before heading down to my buddy's barbecue right about the same time this post is published.

What about you?

What are your holiday plans?

Happy 4th of July and sayonara!

14 comments:

Chris said...

I’ve been disappointed with 4SC’s selection lately- then again I’ve been browsing vintage. These are some sharp looking prospect cards!

Hope you enjoy your four-day weekend, get some much needed R&R, and find some deals at the flea markets. I can’t wait to get home and watch Stranger Things myself. 🙂

SumoMenkoMan said...

Hey buddy, happy 4th! We started off with an earthquake and now are doing some chores before we bbq and then head to the beach to watch fireworks. Nice cards...I love seeing the flag-themed cards. We are waiting until we get a slightly larger tv before we watch ST3. Can't wait! Cheers!

P-town Tom said...

Also looking forward to ST3. We spent the afternoon at my parents and enjoyed a BBQ lunch. Hoping to find a lake to go paddle boarding on later this evening. Good Stuff.
Happy 4th, Fuji!

Nick said...

I've got a three-day weekend culminating in a card show on Sunday. Hope the flea markets treat you well!

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

May the cardboard flow this weekend, as well as your best golf score EVER!. Keep it out of the woods and off the beach.

Brett Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Had a BBQ with family for a birthday. Was fun. Don't really have any time to go watch fireworks and I am kinda feeling old so I don't want to stay up for them lol

Brett Alan said...

Spending the weekend mostly at the Dexcon gaming convention in Morristown, NJ. Lots of trivia/game show type games and word games for me, but they have all sorts of games—board games, card games, video games, you name it.

The Lost Collector said...

You sound busy, but all of those are fun things to do. Not many plans here, but now I feel lazy after reading your to-do list, so I have to figure something out.

Steve at 1975BaseballCards.com said...

Happy 4th! BBQ and fireworks are all done, now have a trip to a brewery and picking up a card at a dealer, it’s been a card on my most wanted list. So pretty good holiday weekend.

Matt said...

Hope that battery gets properly recharged!

The Snorting Bull said...

My school year just ended last week, so my battery is also low. I took in two baseball games this week, a Durham Bulls and USA Baseball, spent some quality time with the kids and my parents, and this weekend I am going to sort out a ton of cards. Should be fun. I hope you're feeling refreshed next week.

Henry Blanchette said...

Love the PSA graded team USA cards, especially the Lindor. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

Fuji said...

chris - i haven't really looked at their site since the march haul. nothing against them though. i just have been busy... and when i have time to shop, i've been doing it on ebay. i struck out at the flea market today... and thursday i only spent a few dollars. debating on whether or not it's worth going out tomorrow morning.

sumomenkoman - dude. that earthquake was pretty big. hope nothing was damaged and nobody was hurt. fireworks at the beach sounds awesome. btw... stranger things was awesome! i think this was my favorite season so far

p-town tom - hope you found a lake to go paddle boarding. that sounds like a lot of fun. and i hope you like st3 as much as i did

nick - have fun at the card show tomorrow. i didn't find anything significant at the flea market on thursday or today. oh well... win some lose some.

johnnys trading spot - i shot much better on tuesday (first time back in over a year) than yesterday. might play 9 (executive course) early tomorrow morning instead of going to the flea market.

sport card collectors - i was in bed by 10, but people were setting off some massive fireworks until way past midnight.

brett alan - that sounds pretty awesome! i run a board game club at my school and one of my co-workers is big into rpg games. i'm trying to convince him to play it with the kids, so i can join.

the lost collector - yeah... it's been pretty busy. planning on catching up on blogs tonight and hopefully cleaning the office tomorrow. hope you found something fun to do with your weekend.

steve at 1975baseballcards.com - what card? hope to read about it on your blog.

matt - recharged isn't the best word to describe my three days. it was pretty busy. but at least it wasn't to stressful. i'll either rest tomorrow or clean that office.

the snorting bull - have fun with your sort. glad you were able to spend some quality time with the family. enjoy your summer!

henry blanchette - relaxing isn't the right word, but it's been fun. hope you're having a great weekend too!