30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, March 7, 2011

Domo Arigato: Topps


Redemption cards suck... so the question I keep asking myself is... Why in the world would I bid on one? Call it a lapse in judgement... but as luck would have it... I recently won an auction for this redemption card:



Okay... so before I go any further... don't worry... this isn't going to be one of those "redemption cards suck" posts... even if I totally think they do. Instead... this is actually going to be a success story.

I won the auction on February 10th and received the card the following week. Now... I'm not exactly sure when I entered the redemption code, but my guess was that it was either on the 15th or 16th.

Well... today this awesome sticker autograph arrived at my doorstep:




So a big thank you goes out to Topps and their redemption department. Less than three weeks? I'm impressed. I know that this is an isolated incident... and I just happened to pull the right player at the right time... but I'm still grateful that this redemption experience turned out to be positive.

Now... if only Panini would hurry up and ship me my Cheryl Miller autograph (which I've been waiting on since October).

By the way... if you were hoping to read a really good article on redemption cards... then I encourage you to check out 82RedBird's blog: Way Off Base. It's one of the best posts I've read in awhile.

Today's question of the day:

Which card company has the best/worst
redemption card policy?

The jury is still out with me... I've never had problems with Topps... but if Upper Deck ends up sending me my Joe Montana autograph... even after it expired (which is a whole separate topic)... then I'd probably give them the nod. Hint... hint... wink... wink... c'mon UD... please send me a Montana autograph ;-)

Well... that's it. I'm off to eat some jambalaya... Have a great week everyone. Sayonara!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

3 weeks? That's a success for sure. But man, you need to get a Montana auto. I'm pulling for you.

the sewingmachineguy said...

Dang Fuji, the blue text on the black background is killin my eyeballs.

Offy said...

Redemption process alone, I have to give the nod to Panini. Their website is simple and gives you the best information. I'm also waiting on a Cheryl Miller so hopefully they can get that card signed soon. She was at the NBA All-Star Weekend wasn't she? They should have gotten the cards signed then.

Topps seems to have the highest percentage of coming through on redemption cards. The only cards from them that didn't come through were some Murad autos because Topps was losing their NBA license. I got some decent replacements for those so I can't complain.

Fuji said...

G_Moses - Thanks bro... I appreciate the support... and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. That Montana would be an excellent PC addition.

the sewingmachineguy - Sorry bro.. I'll keep this in mind for my next post... was trying to get fancy... matching the color of the text with the Ravens' colors.

Offy - Yeah, she was there in LA... I'm hoping we don't have to wait too much longer. One of the downsides to redemption cards I guess. Bummer about the Murad autos... but I'm glad to hear that they hooked you up.