30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Just My Luck

It's just my luckHoliday break is finally here and my body has decided it's the perfect time to get sick.  I shouldn't be surprised, because it's happened before.  In fact it seems like this happens about every other year.

Anyways... I was originally going to write about a care package that Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders sent earlier this week, but I just don't have the energy right now.  My head hurts and I'm going to try to hit the sack early tonight.

But before I do, here's the second half of my recent Target purchaseLast Saturday, I wrote about how I used a 20% off coupon to pick up a 2019 Topps baseball factory set.  In addition to that set, I also used the coupon to pick up three PS4 games:

Death Stranding

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Target was running a special on their video games: buy two games, get one free.  Tack on the 20% coupon and my 5% Red Card discount and the total was less than $100.

I wasn't planning on opening these up until 2020, but if I'm gonna be bedridden the next few days... maybe I'll throw one of these into my PS4 to pass the time.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

15 comments:

Dennis said...

1. Feel better!
2. Dude! I'm excited for Jedi: Fallen Order, but I have lots of other stuff to play for now, so I'll wait until it's cheaper. Please let me know what you think of it, though.

Lee Hero said...

Hope you get to feeling better man.

I was excited about Death Stranding from the very first trailer I ever saw of it. Then they announced it was a PS4 exclusive, smh. Between it and Shenmue 3 both being only on Playstation. I've seriously thought about changing teams, lol.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

get well buddy

Corky said...

Rest up and feel better. You selected some great games to play while sick. I was part of the COD MW beta and loved it. It is one of those games you really get immersed into.

Billy Kingsley said...

Get well soon! I haven't purchased a system since the first Xbox came out. Still play it occasionally but I was never a huge gamer to begin with.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Get better buddy! Might be nice to have a day or so of video gaming!

The Lost Collector said...

Feel better! I've made it part of my daily routine when I get to work two pop some Vitamin C and drink an airborne. Can't get sick right now!

GTT said...

Hope you feel better!

Fuji said...

dennis - thanks bro. i'm gonna write your thank you post today and i'll post it most likely tomorrow. thanks for the awesome variety. i probably should have waited for the price drop as well... since i have no idea when i'll get around to playing these. although fallen order will be the first one i open up

lee hero - never heard of shenmue, but i'll check it out.

johnnys trading spot - thank you john!

corky - i don't think there has been a call of duty game that i haven't liked. i'm going to play the star wars game first though ;)

billy kingsley - i was a huge gamer when i was a kid... all the way up through college. these days i don't play very often. i typically will binge play a game... where i play 2, 3, or 4 hours a day until i finish the campaign... then i won't turn on my ps4 for months

sumomenkoman - if i feel up to it, i'll play a little today ;) i've gotta catch up on reading blogs though too

the lost collector - i completely dropped the ball on that. i think i need to set a reminder in my phone a week before every break from this point forward

gtt - thank you sir!

The Snorting Bull said...

I hope you feel better and enjoy the games!!! I am going to play a little NHL 96 on Super Nintendo at some point today. I refuse to upgrade my gaming system beyond Nintendo 64.

Adam Kaningher said...

Get well soon!

Sean said...

I'm sick too (my son is in kindergarten so we are constantly getting these colds....) Hope you get better soon!

bbcardz said...

Rest up and get well soon. Enjoy those purchases!

Chris said...

Hope you're feeling better Fuji. My seven year old daughter has been under the weather too. It's no fun being sick on Christmas.

Bulldog said...

Sweet deals. Star Wars game looks cool. Get to feeling better.