30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, March 20, 2015

Tall & Gorgeous

I like my cardboard, like my buddy likes his women... tall and gorgeous:


Are you familiar with the 1994 Fleer Extra Bases set?  They're the same width as your standard baseball card, but are 1.25" taller.

Now I know there are those who want nothing to do with these due to their oddball size.  But I've always been known to surround myself with oddballs.

However when it comes to the woman of my dreams, she doesn't need to be modelesque...


She just needs to be dependable, prompt, and on schedule.

Hey Jim (GCRL)... thank you so much for the cards and pocket schedule.  It's nice to know that the Twins and their fans are showing Suzuki some love.  I'll start building another stack of Dodgers for you right away.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

4 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

I liked these, despite the storage issues. I mostly had Jam Session, the basketball counterpart.

Anonymous said...

I have one Extra Bases card, and every time I run across it I think "I should track down more of these...", but I guess intent and opportunity never converge when it comes to this set.

The same goes for pocket schedules. I see a cool one, I think it would be a fun side-collection, and then it goes nowhere (...he says, as if he doesn't have enough to collect already).

gcrl said...

Suzuki is a bit of a fan favorite, but with the kids coming up I don't foresee him gracing a schedule again. Glad you got a kick out of it.

Fuji said...

the lost collector - I remember Jam Session. I have a few in my collection. I think I mostly collected Game Day (the football version)... although I'm tempted to track down a box of these Extra Bases.

shlabotnikreport - part of me thinks its a good thing to let the ideas come and go... mainly because I have so many PC already. Although I'm really starting to like the idea of collecting pocket schedules. I've received a decent amount in care package over the years.

gcrl - thanks again for the cards (& schedule)