30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Zippy Zappy > Me

Blind trades are pretty awesome.  But sometimes things can get a little out of hand.  And Kenny... you definitely took this blind trade to the next level.

What the heck were you thinking?  As Wayne and Garth might say... I'm not worthy!

Before I get to the goodies... let me fill the rest of my readers in on a little background knowledge.  Back in April, Kenny (aka Zippy Zappy) reached out to me and asked if I was interested in trading some of my New York Yankees for some of his Oakland A's and San Diego Padres Sega Card Gen cards.

Well... of course I was interested.  But between end of the school year activities, running this blog, and maintaining a social life... I kept pushing the trade off to the side.

Thankfully... every now and then... Kenny would check in and eventually I sent him a list of my Yankees and he picked out some cards he wanted.  I told him I'd ship out the cards and he could send me back whatever he felt was fair.

What you're about to see is the exact opposite of "fair".

To put this in perspective... I sent him five Yankees inserts/parallels.

Here's what he sent in return:


Let's take a closer look...


There were almost 100 base cards, inserts, parallels, and oddball issues from my two favorite teams.  But it gets better.

Next up...


Yup... that's a 2012 Bowman Sterling Japanese Edition wrapper for my Japanese Wax Pack PC.  Plus an awesome Sonic The Hedgehog towelette for my Japanese binder.  But that's only the beginning.  He gave my binder a complete makeover.

Here are the Sega Card Gen cards I originally traded for...



Wow.  Seriously.  Wow.  Kenny took the time to translate the backs for each of these cards.  That's something that belongs in one of those MasterCard commercials, because you can't put a price on the time and effort he put into those translations.

Thanks a million buddy!

There's actually one more component to this trade, but it deserves its own post.  Please stay tuned.  I'll have it up tonight as part of my Saturday Night Five series.

Thanks again Kenny for this awesome trade.  I know you told me that I didn't owe you anything... but there's no way I can leave things this unbalanced.  I'll be putting a package together for you this week.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

5 comments:

Zippy Zappy said...

Glad you liked the cards Fuji and thanks for the kind words :).

Fuji said...

Thanks again for the trade. My friend had some A-Rods inserts at the show today... so I picked up a stack. Hopefully you can use them. If not... pass them on to your Yankee buddies.

Zippy Zappy said...

Thanks man :). I appreciate you thinking of me.

Greg Zakwin said...

You made out!

Ana Lu said...

Simply awesome!