30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, September 16, 2013

King of the World!

Okay... so maybe I'm getting carried away.  But after yesterday, I sure felt like it.

It's not often that I get the opportunity to watch all four of my favorite sports teams win on one day.


Chase Headley and the San Diego Padres took down the Atlanta Braves in their own ballpark.  And if that weren't enough... they won two out of three against the best team in the National League.

But it gets better...


The Oakland A's swept the Texas Rangers in Arlington and increased their division lead to 6.5 games.  Josh Donaldson went 4 for 8, hit two home runs, scored four times, plus drove in four runs.

As for the gridiron...


After getting picked apart by Colin Kaepernick last week, the Green Bay Packers shut down RG3 during the first half against the Washington Redskins.  Sure... things got ugly during the second half.  But thanks to James Jones and the amazing Packers offense, they held on for the victory.


James Starks rushed for 132 yards on 20 carries and became the first 100 yard rusher for the Packers in nearly three years.

And if things couldn't get better in the Fuji household... the Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers.


I'm not going to lie... I was a little worried after watching their poor performance during the first half last week against the Carolina Panthers.  But Marshawn Lynch bounced back in a big way and scored three touchdowns against the 49er's top rated defense.

Unfortunately... my fantasy team lost
AGAIN... but that's another story.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

10 comments:

Marcus said...

Headley homered in all three games against the Bravos. Didn't see that coming!

Greg Zakwin said...

Pack!

RAZ said...

That Seahawks victory was awesome. I am first and foremost a Denver Broncos fan, but I started following the Seahawks after their controversial loss to Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. I was unable to wear my Marshawn Lynch jersey during the game because my kids were sleeping in my room and heaven help me if I wake them, so maybe not wearing it on game day is the good luck charm that pushed them over the edge.

night owl said...

I sit next to someone at work who is a huge Bills fan. He holds a massive grudge against Lynch because he believes Lynch quit when he was with the Bills so he could get traded. You could tell him Lynch takes sick children on trips to Disneyland, and he'd still tell you what a bum Lynch is.

Ana Lu said...

It's the Suzuki effect!

petethan said...

Certainly beats seeing my Dodgers get swept by the friggin' Giants over the weekend. Nothing a deep breath and a look at the standings can't cure, though.

Fuji said...

Me either. Probably shouldn't have dropped him from my fantasy league two months ago ;-)

Fuji said...

I'd be upset too if Lynch did that to my team. But since his arrival in Seattle, he's been solid... so this fan can't complain.

Fuji said...

Lol... I keep telling myself that ;-)

Fuji said...

Yeah... the Dodgers are solid and have an excellent shot at the World Series.