30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Commitment Issues


It took a few weeks longer than I anticipated... but I finally made it down to the post office and shipped out the grocery bag full of care packages that I owed so many of you guys.

I've also been thinking about removing myself from the awesome group of Super Traders.  I'm just not sure if I can continue to pull my weight over the long haul.  When I first reentered the hobby back in the late 2000's, I loved making trades on Sports Card Forum and Card Collector's World.  However something has changed.  I've lost the motivation and at the present time... feel a little burnt out.  


This hobby has always been my personal happy place.  The past eight years, I've always turned to my collectionmy blogyour blogs, and all of your great posts whenever I needed a break from work or other things going on in my life.  I assure you that I have no plans of walking away from any of those things, but I'm considering taking my name out of the Super Traders hat and letting a more responsible... more punctual person take my place.


Are there any other Oakland Athletics bloggers/collectors out there who would be interested?

This doesn't mean that I've sent my final care package out.  I still have plenty of cards to give away... no strings attached.  No trade commitments.  No guaranteed shipping dates.  Just friendly care packages.


Have a good weekend everyone.  Happy Saturday... and sayonara!

8 comments:

JayP said...

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm a super trader but don't feel like if contributed enough to be one. I only have the time/commitment to send one or two packages out at a time even though I've set aside piles of cards with super traders in mind.

The Lost Collector said...

I've had fun with it, but was thinking SuperTraders would just be a one year thing. I don't bust enough packs to acquire enough fodder to consistently send packages.

Adam said...

Same here, I feel like the group has fizzled out a bit after an initial flurry of interest. That being said, I definitely appreciate being included as its helped me connect with other bloggers and collectors.

Mark Hoyle said...

I pretty much agree with all the comments above. This Supertraders list pretty much guarantees that you gave the opportunity to give every card a home if needed

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Fuji, no worries bro. Just chill... I still plan on dumping A's and the other odd things I come across on you with no expectations. I've been so wrapped up lately that I have stacks for everyone (Super Traders and then some.)just sitting around watching me and my ADHD get lost in one project then 10 minutes later on another, lol. Have a glass of lemonade with lots of sugar.

gcrl said...

I was a bit disappointed at first when I was not part of the supertrader group, but not anymore as I've still been able to trade with many members of the group.

SumoMenkoMan said...

I'd say whether you are part of the trading group or not, you still will be able to find satisfaction....now just on your own timeline if you do get out.

Fuji said...

JayP - At least you sent out one or two packages every now and then. I have to let them accumulate and then do bulk shipping. Part of it has to do with my schedule... and part of it has to do with avoiding the post office at all costs.

TLC - Good point. I actually bid on a few eBay bulk lots as well as bought some YouTube mystery packs to help replenish my care package fodder.

Adam S & Mark H. - No doubt. Super Traders was an ingenious idea. I just don't feel like I can keep up... and the last thing I want to do is offend people by keeping them waiting.

John M. - Lol... glass of lemonade with extra sugar. Got it. I'll give it a shot. Just received a huge box... and I'm pretty sure it had your name on it. I'll start scraping together some Braves for your collection. Although after that huge buyout... i'm sure everything I send will be duplicates. Hopefully you'll be able to pass some stuff on to your fellow Braves fans.

GCRL - Don't worry... I've got enough Dodgers laying around for you and the other Dodgers bloggers.

R Laughton - Agree 100%. It's always been on my own timeline... which is why I feel guilty. But at least now my trade partners have been warned.