30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Eight Elegant Turkeys

A few weeks ago, I was taking a stroll around my neighborhood and witnessed this...


It was a beautiful sight.  One that immediately reminded me of Turkey Red trading cards.  And since today Americans will consume over forty million turkeys, I figured I'd show off ten that won't be eaten anytime soon.

2007 Topps Turkey Red #15

Ah... the amazing artwork.

2012 Topps Turkey Red #99

The orange glow at sunset.

2005 Topps Turkey Red #310

The legendary swing of my favorite baseball player.

1985-97 Perez-Steele Great Moments #62

The sweet 'stache on a catfish.

1985-97 Perez-Steele Great Moments #3

The cabinet card of the gentleman who broke the color barrier.

2007 Topps Turkey Red #141

The generous gift from a retired blogger.

2015 Turkey Red Style Cabinet Card

And wrapping things up are this amazing pair of autographed cabinet cards of the gentleman who broke the Pacific barrier.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Thank you to all of you who take a few moments out of your day to check out my blog.  I hope all of you are enjoying some quality family time, hours of entertaining football, and of course some very delicious turkey.

2 comments:

Ana Lu said...

I love Turkey Red cards! Am I the only one!?

Fuji said...

Lol. Outside of me... I guess so ;) The good news... less collectors collecting Turkey Red = more for us.