30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Taking A Break

It's the end of the year and the students can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  They're turning in textbooks and the end of the school year field trips have begun.  My colleagues and I are wrapping up our units, closing out our 4th quarter grades, and preparing for report cards as we count down the days to 8th grade graduation and the last day of the regular school year.

After today, there are eleven days left.  Depending on how I look at it, that's either a long time away... or just around the corner.  Either way... things are going to get exponentially busier for me.


In addition to things being hectic at work... this Saturday my eldest niece will be graduating from high school and the whole family is reuniting in the Bay Area to celebrate her special day.  We'll also be celebrating Mama Fuji's 80th birthday... which means I'll be taking a break from writing new posts on my blog.

I have a few scheduled posts that will pop up next week and I'll try to write a few thank you posts whenever I have some free time.

Anyways... I just wanted to give you a heads up on what's going on with my life.  Speaking of breaks... I freed my recently acquired autograph of Mr. Koufax from his plastic prison:


Doesn't he look a lot happier?


 I hope y'all have a happy Thursday.  See ya in the near future.  Sayonara!

9 comments:

Tony L. said...

Enjoy the time with your family -- and Sandy looks a 1000 times happier freed from his prison.

JediJeff said...

That's a nice freed Koufax.

Man said...

Congrats on another completed school year and to all of your family's celebrations.

SpastikMooss said...

11 days left? We're at 5 left (end next Thursday) and that seems long around here as most districts are already out.

Also I forgot you teach 8th grade - I teach 7th! Love this time of year.

Corky said...

The Koufax auto looks so much better outside of the holder. Have a safe trip and enjoy Mama's b-day.

BobWalkthePlank said...

Have a great time!

Matt said...

Have a great time and look forward to your full return!

Fuji said...

The high schools in our area get out at the end of May and start the same time as us. I'm wondering... how the heck we get on that schedule.

I actually teach both 7th and 8th to my ELL's. As my "life skills" class... I teach 7th at the start of the year to prepare them for middle school... and 8th at the end of the year to get the ready for high school, college, and/or whatever else life has in store for them. Enjoy your summer!

Fuji said...

Thanks everyone! It was really fun to see the whole family get together for my niece's graduation and my mom's birthday.