30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, August 23, 2013

An Early Christmas Present



As a diehard Oakland Athletics fan... there hasn't a lot to cheer about the past few weeks.  But this morning I woke up and discovered that my favorite player is returning to my favorite team.

Hopefully, he can turn things around for both himself and the struggling Athletics.  Worst case scenario... at least he'll bring some stability, a solid defensive glove, and veteran leadership to the A's pitching staff that has recently started to struggle.

Welcome back Kurt!

Happy Friday and sayonara!

7 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

You're the first person I thought of when I read the news! Happy to hear he's back!

CaptKirk42 said...

You're gladness is my sadness. This Nats Fan is shocked by the news, and the guy he was traded for? I never heard of. ((((sigh))))

The Lost Collector said...

You must be thrilled. Congrats!

Dawgbones said...

Odd, most of the Phillies that come back do so for 1 day so they can retire as a Phil!!

unclemoe said...

Cool. I hadn't heard that news yet.

Ana Lu said...

I'm happy too! Suzuki is one of those that I cannot see in an other uniform ohter than the A's green and yellow.
I noticed Suzuki when I got him in my first year playing fantasy. He was awesome back then. Hope he brings some life to your A's.

BaseSetCalling said...

Heard this on my team's broadcast today (the announcers regularly discuss the baseball news as the game goes along).

Had to check in here tonight ... you certainly called it, just a few weeks ago.